Leidos currently has an opening for an Information Assurance Engineer at the Chesapeake, VA location. The candidate will support the Information System Security Manager and Information System Security Officers in developing information system architectures and providing technical solutions for servers, workstations and network peripherals. The candidate will also use their diverse skillset to resolve issues and respond to helpdesk inquiries at the local facility.
• Bachelor's degree with 2+ years related experience in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field. Additional relevant experience, training, and/or certification may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Candidates must possess a DoD Secret clearance and be eligible to obtain a DoD Top Secret Clearance.
• Have basic knowledge of networking protocols.
• Possess a Network+ CE, Security+ CE.
• Additional desired certifications include MCP, Linux+ or CCNA.
• Assist with the development of information system architectures and document the architecture in Microsoft Visio diagrams.
• Assist with the configuration and maintenance of various information system platforms including; workstations, servers and network peripherals.
• Conduct weekly security audits on information systems and document anomalies.
• Operate vulnerability detection software programs such as Tenable Nessus, SCAP and HBSS.
• Detect cyber security incidents and escalate appropriately.
• Respond and provide resolution to helpdesk inquires and document resolution in helpdesk tickets.
• Conduct backups and restoration of information systems.
• Terminate and run network cabling.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.