Leidos is seeking a Network Administrator who will work independently with minimal supervision providing network administration for the Infrastructure and Deactivation & Remediation contractors at the Portsmouth site as well as the DOE site office.
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, install and perform configuration and testing of various network equipment, including: switches, firewalls, wireless controllers and access points, web proxies, mail transfer agents, VOIP endpoints, VOIP Gateways, and other network devices and technologies
- Support network switch port security equipment moves on a daily basis
- Implement security baselines and configuration settings as required based on NIST guidance
- Document network environment, logical and physical
- Provide support to other staff functions, help desk, system administrators, application developers and functional users
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Maintains a safe working environment. Demonstrates awareness and implementation of applicable environmental, safety and health requirements while also alerting co-workers of such requirements as needed
- Demonstrate the ability to get along with co-workers, customers and visitors
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Generally requires BS Degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience with a data communications network or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Clearance is required, DOE Q
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting Cisco switches and switching technologies including: Layer 2 Switches, Port Channels, Spanning Tree, VLANS, ACLs, Port Security, DNS, DHCP, Smart Licensing
- Experience with managing and upgrading Cisco Firewalls: ASA, Sourcefire Modules, FTD Appliances
- Knowledge of Cisco Ironports: WSA, ESA, SMA
- Understanding of network protocols and protocol use and function: TCP/IP, RADIUS, TACACS, +others
- Familiarity of Cisco ISE, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Cisco CDA
- Cisco Wireless Products including Wireless controllers, MSE Appliances, Access Points, Wireless Mesh and Wireless control systems
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- DOE site experience strongly preferred
- Active TOP SECRET clearance
- Related industry-recognized certifications CCENT, CCNA or Network+ preferred.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
- Antarctic Support Contract (ASC)
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Energy and Environment
- Engineering Services
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Library Info Tech Systems Admin
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.