Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors of the US economy, but the industry faces many challenges in delivering value to providers and payers and in improving patient care outcomes in a highly dynamic marketplace. HGS is at the forefront of defining and building solutions to address those challenges for Leidos.
Position: Solution Architect
The Health Growth Solutions (HGS) at Leidos has an immediate opening for a Solution Architect to help us design new differentiated solutions to the health market in both the federal and commercial sector.
Key Responsibilities include
- Supporting the HGS Solution team define validate, prioritize and classify the ideas submitted:
- Work with the BD, Solution and Idea originator to further define the problem
- Document the “Problem Use Cases” the idea is intended to solve
- Document the Proposed Solution Approach for Each Problem Use Case designed
- Document any key High Level requirements that need to be considered
- Document alternate solution options
- Perform Vendor Trade Assessment
- Identify products / solutions in the market that address the defined problem use cases
- Identify gaps in the market solutions
- Perform Make / Buy Assessment and make recommendations
- Features we should build vs vendor products we should augment with
- Identify problems that are universal to the market, specific to a health sector, client etc.
- Identify aspects of solution that can be extended for multiple use cases vs niche capability for a specific use case or customer base
- Identify solutions that are already in main stream
- Supporting the development of the business case for any corporate investments required
- Developing the High Level Designs for new Leidos solutions
- Develop the EPICs and / Designs for each Problem Use Case
- Support the vendors, engineers & product manager develop the User Stories for each EPIC
- Support the Service Delivery Teams construct the designs for the non-technical elements of the solutions
- Recommend the Solution Implementation approach e.g. Mockup first to further validate requirements, prototype to assess feasibility of solutions that are untested etc.
- Support the Product Manager build the cost and schedule estimates / plans through to customer pilot phase of new ideas
- Oversees the build of new solutions
- Work with vendor and engineering teams to ensure the successful build of the Mock-Up, Prototype and / or Pilot of new Solutions
- Manage the design governance of the solution at each stage to ensure the intended value is achieved on budget and on schedule
- Support the Product Manager as required
Technical Experience with:
- Multiple architecture models (e.g., Microservices, SOA, TOGAF etc.)
- Developing cost models, basis of estimates (BOEs) and Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Developing ConOps and /or Solution Approach Outlines
- Designing solutions to cost and execution
- Capturing technical requirements and defining technical solutions in service, conceptual, execution and /or technical views
- Developing transformation roadmaps
- Lead SA on medium or large size business captures and proposals
- Managing a team of technical staff
- Background as a Solution Architect
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
- Health industry experience an advantage
- Experience supporting federal and /or other government agencies an advantage
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes
- Resilient with the ability to find innovative ways around against road blocks
- Have broad experience and skillsets that span in all levels that make up a business solution
- Enthusiasm and curiosity to explore and pick up new technologies and concepts
- Can work in an iterative way starting with ambiguity and loosely structured requirements
- Thrive in fast paced, high change environments
- Can work independently
- Fosters an inclusive team environment
- Refined presentation and communication skills with ability to tailor message to the audience
- Manage high pressure situations
- Interface and communicate effectively with both engineers and executives
- Evaluate new technologies and stay current with a broad range of industry trend
- Articulate rationale for design decisions
- Devise, develop and apply innovative technology to solutions
- College Degree in engineering or relevant industry certification
- BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Solution Architect
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.