Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors of the US economy, but the industry faces many challenges in delivering value to providers and payers and in improving patient care outcomes in a highly dynamic marketplace. Our software engineers are at the forefront of defining and building solutions to address those challenges using a go-fast agile approach driven by small teams that rely on and value the contributions of each team member.
The Health Growth Solutions (HGS) at Leidos has immediate openings for software engineers to help us shape, develop, and deliver new software solutions leveraging state-of-the art technologies to our government customers and launch new and innovative products into the commercial healthcare marketplace.
As a member of an Agile Team, you’ll architect, design, build, and enhance highly available and scalable systems used by customers worldwide. You’ll work major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You’ll contribute to the team’s objectives by participating in daily scrums, product reviews, and retrospectives. You’ll always respect the opinions of others, accept constructive criticism, share your views with a passion for improving the entire team’s performance, and collaborate openly and positively with your teammates.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Adheres to Agile processes and software engineering best practices.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Work with other engineers in the art of building complex, web scale systems.
- Work collaboratively with the Product Owner, technical leadership, and other engineers.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience delivering an entire piece of a system or application.
- Deep understanding of software design patterns.
- Working knowledge of Agile Development and continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools.
- Solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Experience working with basic web technologies (HTML, CSS, XML, REST, JSON)
- Experience working with Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience working with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience working with CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins)
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Helm)
- Experience working with Containerized applications and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience working with Enterprise Service Bus Technologies (Kafka)
- Experience working with Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience working with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Experience working with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Experience working with NoSql databases (MongoDB, etc.).
- Experience working with Leidos Enterprise Application Foundry (LEAF) a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.