Leidos currently has an immediate opening for an Integrated Logistics Support Engineer, supporting multiple US Navy programs located in Bethesda, MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. This position requires US citizenship and a DoD Secret security clearance.
This position supports all ILS activities across the lifecycle of multiple US Navy trainers. This position interfaces with program management, system and software integration engineers, subject matter experts, information assurance engineers, and customer personnel in an Agile environment. The ILS engineer will help ensure that the trainers are installed on time in accordance with approved plans by coordinating sponsor approvals, shipping trainer hardware, and generating and validating of documentation. Specific responsibilities include:
• Generate documentation required for the installation or upgrade of training systems.
• Generate hardware ripout plans prerequisite to installations involving major hardware change outs.
• Collect and standardize design drawings, user guides, Operations & Maintenance (O&M) manuals, training materials, build procedures, and cabling diagrams created by mulitple teams for delivery during trainer installation.
• Perform configuration management and archiving of documentation deliverables.
• Organize major hardware shipments in support of the trainer installations.
• Schedule and conduct periodic Installation Planning Team (IPT) meetings between the development sites to prepare for upcoming major trainer installations.
• Learn current ILS processes and propose process innovations.
• Participate in a variety of project organizational meetings with customer leadership, development partners and user / instructor base representatives.
• Support installs of trainers at customer locations.
• Bachelor’s of Science/Arts Degree in an technical discipline
• Minimum of 4 years of experience with programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
• Must be able to acquire a SECRET Security Clearance
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position, including solid analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products
• Understanding of systems engineering and software development
• Database experience (MS Access/SQL)
• US Navy experience
• Experience with Atlassian project management tools.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.