Leidos is seeking a Software Developer to join our Chief Information Office (CIO) group within the Enterprise Applications organization. In this role, you will work on a team supporting the design and development of custom .NET web applications for internal business functions. We’re looking for someone with extensive experience in designing and developing object oriented, C# based ASP.NET web applications (Web forms and ASP.NET MVC 4+) that interact with a SQL Server 2016 backend database.
You must have experience designing and implementing custom SQL Server 2016 database schemas and in developing related schema objects (stored procedures, user defined functions, etc.). You must possess excellent T-SQL programming skills and have a good understanding of how to tune databases and queries in support of performance optimization. Experience with other modern client-side web development frameworks, such as Angular, Kendo UI, etc., is a plus. You should possess excellent communication skills to facilitate collaboration with other team members, system sponsors, management, etc. and strong writing skills to support drafting required system documentation.
- Work within a team environment, in order to develop Custom Web applications.
- Understanding back end business processes and functions to provide custom software solutions for established business processes.
- SQL Server Database 2016+ design and development.
- Performance tuning web applications and SQL database.
- Utilize the latest modern client-side development frameworks, such as Angular, Telerik/Kendo UI etc.
- Work closely with Business Analysts and Test teams throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Develop within an Agile software environment, and be able to work from defined requirements specifications.
- Provide Tier 2 level application/customer support.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 4-8 years of prior software development experience. Additional years of relevant experience and certification will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 4 years of ASP.NET Web Forms/MVC application development experience.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in Cascading Style Sheets.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance.
- Microsoft Entity Framework
- Angular, Blazor or other client side development frameworks.
- Agile development methodologies
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Pay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.