The Global Solutions Management-Operations II (GSM-O II), a Defense Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Technical Writer supporting the Joint Communications Support Element (JCSE), MacDill AFB, FL.
- Editing, proofreading and providing writing support on both technical and non-technical docuemnts such as manuals, procedures and specifications.
- Ensuring documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhering to standards of quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.
- Assisting in the preparation of market research documentation for all procurement decisions. This requires the collecting and analyzing information about the market that subsequently can be used to determine whether the need can be met by products or services available in the commercial market.
- Assisting in the development, coordination and staffing of all Logistics Support Plans (LSP) and technical requirement documents.
- Attending meetings (program/project briefings, configuration control board, and requirement validation board) and compiling meeting minutes as needed.
BA degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
Currently possess an active Secret security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.