The Technical Writer will join a team whose mission is to provide cyber security support to the Nuclear Command and Control System (NCCS) organization within the Cyber Security Directorate (CSD).
*** FLEXIBLE WORK HOURS AVAILABLE
- Responsible for the preparation, editorial review, revision, and maintenance of security engineering documents including technical white papers, cyber security assessments, architecture analysis documentation, senior management briefings, and status reports.
- Use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to create program related documentation.
- Establish inroads with the customer to ensure all materials are compliant with stated policies and practices employed by the customer organization.
- Where necessary, update Microsoft Word and PowerPoint templates to ensure ease of use and functional capability in support of the respective project teams.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals, and technical publications.
- Work with engineers and subject matter experts to gather technical information required in the preparation of written text.
- Research highly technical subject matter, organize information from multiple sources and prepare incident reports, responses, and briefings comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
- Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials.
- Organizes assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
- Coordinates the display of related graphics and/or utilizes supplemental images, drawings, diagrams to illustrate material as needed
- Maintains adherence to project schedules and target dates
- Prepare detailed presentations and national security reports to Agency senior leadership
- This position has visibility with the customer leadership.
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: TS/SCI with Polygraph. US Citizenship required
- Minimum eight (8)+ years’ of experience as a technical writer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is preferred. Four (4) years of additional technical writer experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree. Masters’ Degree is a plus.
- Moderate understanding of cyber security principles and network systems is desired.
- Network+ or Security+ certification is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:29
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.