We are seeing growth In the UK where, we support Central Government, Government Agencies and Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) customers and ensure they benefit from the best value for their technology investments, whilst safeguarding their staff and our nation through our technical expertise and experience. In doing this we uphold our values of Integrity, Inclusion, Innovation, Agility, Collaboration and Commitment. We are really passionate about what we do!
We are looking for a Network Engineer to work collaboratively with colleagues and our customer in an exciting and critical LAN/WAN environment delivering technical service in a dynamic ITIL environment.
- Thorough and demonstrable understanding of Cisco Enterprise LAN environments, to both design and 3rd line support level including, deployment, administration and troubleshooting. Ideally to a CCNP and CCDP level.
- Hand on experience in troubleshooting Layer 2/3 switching and routing,
- Hands on experience in designing, configuring and troubleshooting OTV, VPC, VDC, STP, BGP, OSPF, Multicast, QoS and other key mainstream protocols
- Hands on experience in designing, configuring and troubleshooting of MPLS networks
- Hands on experience in designing, configuring and troubleshooting Palo Alto, ASAv and UTM Firewalls
- Platform focus: Cisco Nexus 3k, 7k, 9k, ISR, 6800, 3750, 3850 series.
- Proven experience with Cisco Identity Services Engine in a dot1x wired environment coupled with wireless and Guest Portals
- Excellent communications skills, organisational skills and independent and autonomous working
- Ability to run design workshops with internal and external teams
- Be an escalation point for high severity complex problems and incidents
- Experience in ITIL ICT service delivery on critical infrastructure
- Experience of working under pressure to meet deadlines while handling multiple priorities
- Experiencing in patch management including analysis and deployment
The actual work you will perform consists of a blend of operational support alongside the specification and implementation of new network infrastructure as part of a large, diverse, skilled and collaborative team. Occasional travel to other Leidos and customer sites may be required. Keeping an eye on the technology landscape is essential, too – identification of new and relevant technologies to solve problems and make improvements is part of the job. We believe innovation is the lifeblood of customer value – we are all catalysts for innovation and improvement and committed to continuous improvement in everything we do.
Applicants must hold a current, valid SC (security checked) clearance.
We offer flexible working where possible as part of our people centric culture along with an excellent benefits scheme and 25 days holiday per year as standard holiday, benefits.
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.