Leidos is seeking a qualified National Security Space Business Development Manager to join our Dynetics/LInC team to support long-range strategy development, business development and capture, and proposal management.
Duties include, but are not limited to strategic planning, target identification, qualification of targets, aiding / coaching / mentoring / assisting stakeholders in developing capture campaign plans, identifying, prioritizing, scheduling, and accomplishing tasks to capture new opportunities, actively participating in proposals, and program management of opportunities post capture.
A successful candidate will have a deep technical understanding of National Security Space to include: active/passive RF and EO sensors, satellites (buses and other platforms), launch systems, missile tracking and targeting, signal processing, spectral solutions, communications, and respective hardware and software solutions. Additionally, the candidate must have a working experience and demonstrated understanding of the customer community.
The business developer will coordinate efforts within the Dynetics/LInC Group and across Leidos to identify and capture cooperative opportunities. The BD Manager will maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities and execute cost effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives. The position requires the ability to work vertically and horizontally across organizational boundaries, provide BD leadership/mentorship and guidance to operational organizations and interface with financial and contracts support personnel supporting proposal development and business capture processes. Other duties include management of business development resources (Bid & Proposal and Marketing overhead budgets), data gathering and analysis of return on investment.
- BS degree with at least 12+ years of experience.
- Requires at least 5 years Capture/Business Development experience. Knowledge of Department of Defense, US Space Force, Space and Missile Command (SMC), Space Development Agency (SDA), Missile Defense Agency (MDA), DARPA, ONR, AFRL, IARPA, and the Intelligence Community.
- Degree in the STEM, specifically in Physics, Engineering, or Math from an ABET-accredited university is required.
- Technical knowledge and experience with space warfare technologies
- Must possess outstanding oral and written skills.
- Must have demonstrated success in developing capture strategies and executing capture plans for programs ranging from Science and Technology, Research and Development, and transition to Programs of Record.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word are required.
- Up to 25% travel
- Candidate must be a resident of the either Southern California, Northern Virginia or North Alabama or be willing to relocate
Candidate must be a US Citizen
Candidate must have an active Secret clearance
- Master’s Degree in a technical or management discipline is preferred
- Experience identifying, qualifying, and winning new business opportunities across DoD and IC customers
- Understanding of how to advocate for and advance an opportunity through internal gate reviews, following internal business processes
- Experience working with large, functionally-diverse teams to pursue large-scale DoD/IC opportunities
- Experience demonstrating and marketing technical capabilities to customers and end users
- Experience pursuing opportunities across multiple contract types to include Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursable, Sole Source, and Other Transaction Authority (OTA)t agreements
- Experience performing price modeling and competitive pricing analysis
- Experience performing competitive intelligence gathering
- Proven high-performer and self-driven
Active TS/SCI Clearance is preferred
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.