Leidos is seeking a Sector Lead for Smart Grid Applications. This is an exciting opportunity for an Emerging Sector Lead with a strong track record of business development and client service management to grow our Commercial Energy Solutions Smart Metering/Connected Energy product and services portfolio. The portfolio consists of software and services that leverage AMI data to layer analytics driven visualizations coupled with services to drive value for utility customers. The Sector Lead will engage with an existing team of professionals while building a team to achieve growth and new accounts. This position will supervise 2 to 4 direct reports to start. This position will report to the VP for Operations and Program Management.
Location: This position can be remote, but some travel will be needed to meet with existing and potential customers as COVID-19 restrictions are lifted and customers allow visitors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Will play a key leadership role in substantially growing the business in the firm, particularly in the Connected Energy/Smart Grid market areas.
- Take a leadership role in integrating and expanding the business development efforts of the Smart Grid product and service lines with respect to analytics, hardware, software and services sales.
- Take a leadership role in assessing key markets and developing improved growth strategies and plans in the Smart Grid market. Develop and implement improved branding strategies and plans for this practice area.
- Serve on client account teams as a senior member to complete active, focused and successful business development and generate significant sales growth with a selected group of key client accounts
- Lead or assist in leading pursuits of major opportunities
- Experience in utility focused data analytics and AMI or IoT based analytics use cases
- Drive growth through Smart Grid projects, programs and opportunities
- Leverage relationships with existing and new customers in the municipal, cooperative and investor owned utility markets
- Drive sales opportunities through entire spectrum of Leidos services and champion cross-divisional sales approach
- Partner with appropriate Sector Leaders and Business Managers to create and sell solutions to key clients
- Identify trends and develop a long-term view of the industry, market and client base
- Anticipate medium and long term client needs and industry dynamics
- Understand how to align business to execute the strategy of Leidos across the utility sector, including understanding of Leidos services and how to deliver multi-discipline solutions to energy customers
- Innovate and enhance Leidos’ Smart Grid geographic footprint and integrated approach
- Work closely with P&L managers who have direct responsibility for consulting resources to deliver profitable, safe and sustainable projects and services for our clients
- Build, grow and develop best in class processes and team members
- Support the development of technical practices and service line solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree with 12+ years’ experience
- In-depth experience in the utility sector with a proven track record as a key contributor to a leadership team.
- Currently manage utility related clients or support client management activities
- Solid technical and management background including progressively responsible leadership roles in project management, operation management and business development
- High integrity individual with a commitment to delivering on promises
- Strong leader/manager with a strategic mindset
- Experience and confidence to build and grow sales through exceptional client account management
- Collaborative and team oriented attitude, driven by the success of Leidos and not merely personal results
- Excellent, clear and concise, verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to coordinate meetings, conduct effective client presentations and prepare written reports
- Understanding of operational functions, including financial and profitability metrics, proposal development and approval process, contract review and approval process, risk management and mitigation, and company financial goals
- Capable of developing tactical and strategic plans and programs designed to achieve business and/or sales objectives.
- Ability to build rapport and trust with key clients, business leaders and team members
- Strong teambuilding and influencing skills
- Good judgment to think sustainably, for the long term in a growing company with critical long-term client relationships
- Positive, persuasive, open and expert with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong, proven client development/management skills, including preparation of fee estimates, proposals and statements of qualifications
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.