Leidos is seeking an experienced undersea technology professional to support US Navy Intelligence providing expert analysis on existing and future undersea system capabilities, industry technology development, and operational methodologies. Analysis will include domestic and international undersea technology systems (manned & unmanned vehicles, underwater navigation systems, acoustic & optical imaging systems etc.), and will involve research and attendance at selected maritime domestic and international technology conferences.
The candidate shall possess expertise in underwater technologies in order to conduct all-source intelligence analysis focused on analyzing and reporting existing and emerging maritime technology capabilities. Knowledge/expertise in the following underwater systems/technologies is essential:
- Unmanned undersea vehicles
- Manned submersibles
- Seafloor imaging sensors (acoustic & optical)
- Undersea vehicle navigation and positioning
The candidate will need to:
- Possess expertise in analyzing capabilities, readiness and operations of maritime vessels that employ underwater technologies.
- Document analysis and assessments in various memorandum, technical reports and/or briefings to be presented to the Customer and/or designated Customer audiences.
- attend designated underwater technology conferences and collect pertinent information as directed.
- Details of conference attendance shall be documented within a trip report highlighting the collection opportunities and significant elements of information acquired including technical research papers, brochures or other media acquired during conference attendance.
- Requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI Security clearance
- Background in foreign maritime analysis
- Solid grasp of maritime vessel operations
- Solid grasp of underwater vehicle systems and operations
- Solid knowledge of maritime system/platform capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills in interacting with customers, colleagues and other technical staff in a courteous and friendly manner
- Demonstrated ability to present information clearly and concisely in both written and oral presentation
- Experience with Geographical Information Systems (ESRI ArcGIS preferred)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.