Leidos is looking for an Service Management Manual (SMM) Manager to support a critical program to modernize a Defense Health Agency’s IT infrastructure to provide a standardized, robust, and highly available global infrastructure and enterprise core services, scoped from end-user desktop to data center, while adhering to the cost containment and operational efficiencies. The resultant IT infrastructure and operations framework will support a global data communications network, and enterprise services infrastructure, including data center(s), server hosting, and end-user platform capabilities enabling more than 150K military personnel to support the continuum of health services.
The successful candidate for this role will be responsible for planning and implementing the SMM; including its overall taxonomy, organization, and management. This role is responsible for the On-Going Program for SMM Currency, the continual maturity of the SMM, and the drive to single processes in the program environment. This role drives all the Integrated Service Providers for adoption, participation, and compliance with the SMM.
- Formulates and agrees with an appropriate Service Level Management structure for the organization, to include:
- Service Level Agreement structure (e.g. Service based, Customer based or Multi -Level)
- Operational Level Agreements with the Service Provider
- Third Party Supplier / Contract Management relationships to the Service Level Management Process
- Accommodating any existing Service Improvement Plans / Programs within the SLM process
- Negotiates and agrees with the Operational Level Agreements with the Service Provider.
- Negotiates and agrees with both the Customer and Service Provider any Service Level Requirements for any proposed new / developing services.
- Analyses and reviews Service Performance against the SLAs and OLAs.
- Initiates any actions required to maintain or improve Service Levels
- Ensures that appropriate changes are assessed for their impact on service levels
- Carries out the Process Manager responsibilities for the Service Level Management process
- Uses best practices to establish and execute business process analysis, re-engineering, process measurements and change management activities
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Leadership Skills
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- Team Management Skills
- Service Level Agreement Management experience
- Experience in a Customer/Cross functional team
- Service/Quality mindset
- Analytical skills
- CompTIA CASP+ CE or equivalent certification
- Must be US Citizen and able to attain a Position of Trust ADP/IT III security clearance
- Master's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Experience managing firm fixed price task orders and performance-based contracts
- Active PMI PMP certification
- Knowledge of Health IT technology including Electronic Health Records.
- Experience with Service Desk support and operations
- ITIL v4 Foundation Certification
- ITIL Continued Service Improvement Certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Process
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.