Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe.
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Aviation Quality Control Manager to work at our Manassas, VA location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience assisting Airborne Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance assets as we configure, make design modifications and maintain Mission Equipment Payloads on Army aircraft for CONUS and OCONUS ISR collection platforms.
As the Aviation Quality Control Manager you will be expected to utilize your experience to help our program achieve critical mission success by monitoring and supporting processes and procedures utilized for the development, modification, integration and test environment. Your efforts will help ensure performance through scheduling internal process audits and the consistent facilitation of structure improvement activities. You must be an agent for change, and have a passion for quality while being self-motivated. Your duties will include the development of processes and procedures that align the program with DCMA 8210.1C, and aerospace industry AS9100 requirements as well as the execution of established program execution and mission assurance requirements. This requires a broad understanding of all aspects of aviation including maintenance and operation functions.
- Will use past experience or knowledge with airframe maintenance and support and familiarization with Flight and Ground Operating Procedures (AR 95-20) to review military flight operational technical data (inspection work cards, checklists, maintenance manuals, etc.)
- Perform various QA inspections/audits to include FOD walks, FOD inspections, broken/lost tool reports, TMDE audits, tool control audits, In-work inspections, Government field representative (GFR) inspections etc.
- Maintain DCMA 8210.1c compliance for the assigned program location and ensure quality standards to maintain ISO 9100/9110 certifications
- Deployment and implementation of appropriate QMS processes
- Ensure inspections performed on the Mission Equipment Sensors are in accordance with established Leidos policies and procedures and OEM approved technical data
- Perform site audits to ensure Leidos policies and procedures, regulations and customer requirements are being met;
- Address Internal and External Corrective Action Requests (CAR) and provide a timely, sustained resolution through Root Cause Analysis
- Ensure sensor modifications or component changes are in compliance with approved technical data and procedures
- Prepare and/or present weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
- Provide assistance in the classification of repairs and alterations in relation to Major or Minor Repairs
- Assist in entry of, and correct verification of, fault data and work packages including checks/inspections forms, log pages, routines and non-routines, modification orders, etc. to ensure completion, correctness, use of appropriate references into an automated mission management means.
- Implement audit practices for internal processes and products
- Ensure adherence to all standards, Leidos policies, and best practices
- Provide the program manager with timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards quality objectives
- Report to higher-level management on Quality Achievement and act as liaison for enterprise quality initiatives for the program
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of prior relevant work or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of education
- An active DoD SECRET security clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret
- 25% CONUS and/or OCONUS travel
- Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office products
- Proficient in DCMA 8210.1C, or AS9100/9110 requirements, and auditing against these requirements for compliance purposes
- Ability to audit/inspect, compliance to aviation maintenance manuals and records
- Must have at least four (4) years of experience monitoring/maintaining and returning aircraft to service
- Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision, as well as part of a project team, with strong analytical and communication skills
- Job requires lifting on an occasional basis, a maximum of 25 pounds with frequent or constant lifting of 10 pounds
- Strong organizational skills
- A current U.S. passport
- A valid driver’s license
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Experience with ISR aircraft.
- Experience with Aviation Program Support and standard US Army operating procedures
- Prior experience using SharePoint
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aviation Quality Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.