Leidos’ Security Detection & Automation operation is seeking an Engineering Project Manager in Tewksbury, MA to join our cross-functional engineering team using cutting edge technology to develop truly novel solutions that make travel and trade safer, healthier, and more efficient on a global level. This is a great opportunity for a Project Manager with a background in product development and a passion for engineering to plan, conduct and manage engineering research, design and development projects involving hardware or software solutions in a diverse and collaborative R&D environment.
Key responsibilities will also include:
- High level of oversight for engineering research, design, development, and sustaining projects.
- Responsibility for project schedule and budget and drives cross functional technical team to achieve technical objectives.
- Work with teams on product development of automated analysis systems, software, x-ray systems, and network solutions.
- Lead through complete lifecycle phases including requirements, concept development, design reviews, V&V and release to production using established formal development process.
- Responsible to manage and publish technical design specifications including analysis and decomposition of customer, product lines, sales and key suppliers requirements into subsystem specifications.
- Define test strategy and V&V plan with traceability back to requirements to ensure compliance.
Required Education & Experience
- BS/BA in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar. MS is preferred. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 4+ years of relevant experience, at least 3 being in project management
- Previous experience in an engineering program supporting hardware device(s) or system(s)
- Strong planning skills including defining requirements, time estimating, communicating progress to stakeholders at each phase of project, documentation, and testing
- Broad Engineering background sufficient to analyze design data related to electrical, software, mechanical, and physical science disciplines. Position requires working with subject matter experts to make design trade-offs with respect to cost and performance.
- Proven experience with managing major suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Proven experience to estimate project budget and schedule required across engineering disciplines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- US Citizenship required
- PMP certification
- Solid (1-2 years) experience with the development of X-ray systems or analytical (measurement) systems
- Experience working with teams on product development of algorithms, imaging systems or trace analysis systems
- Hands-on design engineering experience with the development, and production of electronics equipment for use in medical devices, government security and/or military appliances, or similar
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.