Leidos is seeking a Release Train Engineer to plan and lead efforts within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) for US Army Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) programs. As the Agile Coach and Release Train Engineer for Leidos Army UAS programs, you will be working closely with government product owners, business analysts, scrum masters, and the Agile team to ensure that stakeholders’ needs are met by leading efficient and effective software development and integration processes. You will be a key member of the leadership team, doing work that matters for some of the U.S. Government’s UAS portfolio, and utilizing the latest technologies in Cloud Computing and SecDevOps. You will be the manager of the scrum masters.
The successful candidate will interface with Government personnel, subcontractors, and management to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve issues. Industry and DoD standard engineering methodologies, processes, and tools will be used to perform problem solving, solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Facilitate Program Increment Events including Pre- and Post-PI Planning
• Summarize and Communicate team Program Increment Objectives
• Coach teams on Agile processes and foster Continuous Exploration / Development
• Remove and/or Escalate impediments to progress, and foster culture of continuous improvement
• Communicate/Coordinate with External Stakeholders
• Manage and mentor the product owners and scrum masters on the team
• Assist in the Development and Maintenance of Solution Roadmaps and Program Vision
• Control Account Management (CAM) duties
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 12 years related experience
• Agile SAFe experience (min of 3 years)
• Federal business experience (min of 3 years)
• Management experience (min of 3 years)
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
• Ability to work with and lead a team and to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
• Strong planning experience
• Understanding of all stages of the Agile software development process
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
• Up to 15% CONUS travel required
• Willing to relocate to Huntsville, Alabama if not local
• SAFe certification
• Technical background in Oracle EBS and SecDevOps
• Experience with both Waterfall and Agile development methodologies, including simultaneous implementation of a hybrid Waterfall and Agile approach
• Experience with Cloud Computing and Automation
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
• Prior experience in an Agile development effort on a DoD program
• Master of Science degree in related engineering field or two (2) years’ related experience
• Familiarity with requirements or operations of RQ-7Bv2 Shadow and MQ-1C Gray Eagle platforms
• Experience with EVMS / CAM duties
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.