Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers. The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
* Hold Baggage
* Ports & Borders
* General Automation
We are seeking a motivated and talented image reconstruction scientist to join an algorithm development team to participate with hands-on contributions to advanced image reconstruction and threat detection algorithms for the development of millimeter and microwave based threat detection security scanners.
The successful candidate will combine knowledge of microwave and millimeter wave algorithms and techniques for achieving real-time performance to propose and develop solutions for next generation security detection systems. This also involves working with geometrical and algorithmic simulations to explore new system design performance tradeoffs. The candidate must be a self-starter and able to handle multiple tasks in parallel, collaborating with team members across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines.
- Contributing to a team developing advanced millimeter wave and microwave-based threat detection security scanners.
- Implementation of real-time algorithms for millimeter wave and microwave imaging for the purposes of threat detection.
- Contributing to the system design and development of novel imaging architecture concepts and algorithms.
- Minimum 7 years industry and/or research experience developing algorithms for millimeter wave or microwave imaging
- Expert in signal processing, image formation, and inverse problem techniques
- Experience implementing image formation techniques from published papers
- Experience evaluating, interpreting, and optimizing image quality
- Experience with imaging processing and/or algorithm performance evaluation and optimization.
- Familiar with techniques for motion compensation
- BS degree and 12 15 years of prior relevant experience or MS in Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Physics or Mathematics with 10+ years’ experience.
- PHD preferred
- Experience with holographic reconstruction in the near field
- Familiarity with both iterative and Bayesian reconstruction methods
- Prior experience developing reconstruction or imaging application for medical and/or security systems
- Proficient in C++ or Python.
- Familiarity with NVIDIA CUDA
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Signal Processing Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.