Leidos is seeking to hire the Assistant Corporate Controller who will be responsible for overseeing Leidos’ implementation of accounting policies, financial statement consolidation, and SEC reporting functions. The position is highly visible and will regularly interact with executive management. The position will be required to work collaboratively with other corporate groups such as investor relations, legal, treasury, tax, business finance, etc., and will report into the Corporate Controller.
- Supervise the global consolidation function and monthly reporting of consolidated results
- Establish new and interpret all existing company accounting policies, including those relating to revenue recognition
- Supervise the preparation of SEC reports, primarily on Forms 10-K and 10-Q
- Direct the activities of the technical accounting department, ensuring the Company’s most complex accounting matters are well vetted and appropriately supported.
- Work collaboratively with investors relations to support the quarterly earnings process
- Assist in preparing communications to the Disclosure Committee and Audit Committee
- Assist in managing relationships with both the internal and the external auditors
- Own compliance with internal controls and procedures, and company policies
- Own the process of continuous improvement of the accounting function
- Partners with other internal groups such as Tax, Legal, FP&A, Treasury, to meet corporate objectives
- Participate, as required, in due diligence reviews and accounting for acquisitions and divestitures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university and minimum of 15 years of total experience including a leadership role overseeing technical accounting and SEC reporting with a large publicly traded company
- Certified Public Accountant certification
- Prior public accounting experience with a Big-4 firm
- Strong oral and written communications skills and a demonstrated ability to work across functions to achieve business objectives
- A collaborative leadership style that that builds relationships across the organization to drive strong partnerships with the accounting team
- An enthusiastic leader with a track record of successfully leading, developing and mentoring teams and bringing out the best in team members
- Ability to travel (about 10%) to other company locations
- Prior experience with HFM and Costpoint is preferable
- Experience with government contracting, CAS, and FAR
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Top Management FIN
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.