Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Security Detection & Automation Operation (SD&A) of the Civil Group has an opportunity for Deputy Operations Manager. This role will report directly to the SD&A Operations Manager.
Driven by our talented workforce, the SD&A Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customes around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers.
The Leidos SD&A Operation seeks a senior executive with a demonstrated history of operating a growth business in a highly-regulated commercial businesses. This executive will have the proven ability to operate a business with multiple service offerings, a track record of building and sustaining a culture of operational excellence, and a proven ability to execute to an annual operating plan.
- Ensuring the SD&A Operation meets financial and operational business targets; defining and setting long-term and short-term business objectives that are aligned with the overall company objectives; executing appropriate business rhythms and processes necessary to achieve short and long-term objectives
- Overseeing the daily internal operations and functions of the business. Develop strong partnerships across the Division P&L and functional leadership (e.g. Finance, HR, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Legal, and Quality)
- Driving a culture of precision-delivery and high accountability for meeting plans.
- Challenging the organization to drive technical and process innovations and robust solution development into the current portfolio of contracts and customers
Required Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum twenty years’ experience leading a diverse growth oriented businesses
- Experience leading a business with revenues in excess of $200M
- Experience providing solutions and services to the U.S. federal market as well as the commercial market
- Experience leading a P&L operation within a public company, including interaction with C-suite executives
- Experience successfully leading a complex organization with multiple contracts, revenue streams and service offerings
- Experience in leading Program execution functions that ensure excellent delivery of products and services to customers
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships across all levels of an organization
- Proven ability to support and extend a culture where employees are motivated to succeed through collaboration, commitment, and clear and open communications
- Demonstrated ability to support and promote inclusion across an organization
- Must possess exceptional and interpersonal communication skills, have the ability to both inspire and motivate the employee population
- Ability to attract and retain the best talent; ability to build a high-performance team; and develop leaders and competent staff members for the organization
- Ability to build cross-organizational and geographically dispersed teams with collaborative work styles and common desire for performance excellence and customer service
- Willingness and desire to invest time in coaching and mentoring others
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 12+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.