The Health Growth Solutions organization identifies, plans and matures innovative concepts, including emerging technology, to drive differentiation in our solutions and meaningful growth in the dynamic, rapidly evolving healthcare industry. The Health Growth Solutions is looking for a Business Development executive to lead the organization’s growth. We are looking for a proven sales hunter and closer who can generate a large pipeline of business within a short period of time, manage the entire sales cycle to a successful close and support the Federal capture teams with differentiating solutions.
- Generate new business opportunities through support of our senior account managers, networking, call planning
- Understand customer’s desired outcomes, translate these priorities into actionable plans and then drive execution of these plans with the customer.
- Understand Federal and Commercial market trends and funding priorities with Government agencies
- Sell technical, complex solutions to senior executives and decision makers
- Deliver tailored presentations for prospective customers
- Perform follow up actions with customers to include answering questions and providing additional material
- Prepare price proposals and negotiate contracts with pilot customers
- Generate leads through conferences and tradeshows, reflecting Leidos brand messaging
- Funnel competitive intel to the marketing, product management and engineering & operations team
- Work in a team environment with senior executive, business development teams and solution architects to develop successful go to market strategies
- Coordinate and collaborate with other organizations in the Health Group to support pull-through opportunities
- Use Salesforce and Leidos’ CRM system to track opportunity through sales cycle, document meeting notes and forecast
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (business/marketing, engineering or computer science) and a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience or master’s degree with 10 years of relevant experience.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant sales activities, including executing customer call plans
- Demonstrated successful experience selling technology, meeting and exceeding annual quota
- Previous experience in the Healthcare industry and industry network of contacts in the healthcare industry
- Strong verbal communication, presentation and relationship building skills and prior experience briefing executives
- Excellent negotiation and closing skills
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment
- Requires functional knowledge of Microsoft Applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and CRM systems
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel to other U.S. cities to support customer visits. Estimated up to 50% annually as required.
- Knowledge and understanding of the software as a service/subscription-based software and cloud architecture
- Familiarity with Miller Heiman Strategic and Conceptual Selling and Salesforce
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.