Leidos currently has an opening on the ‘Next Generation Enterprise Network Re-Compete’ (NGEN-R) Contract for a WAN Services and Transport Boundary Domain Architect.
This position reports directly to the NGEN-R Chief Architect. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and leadership skills to successfully execute the mission of the Navy’s largest IT services program: NGEN-R.
Under the NGEN-R Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) Contract, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, network engineering, service desk, seat support services, and data transport.
The WAN Services and Transport Boundary Domain Architect applies enterprise IT capabilities across the workforce, bringing integrated business value across functional and organizational boundaries to end users at all levels of the Navy and Marine Corps.
These services enhance workforce effectiveness and successful execution of the Navy’s mission. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
It is preferred that the selected candidate live in one of the following areas:
San Diego, CA
PRIMARY FOCUS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The WAN Services and Transport Boundary Domain Architect (DA) is responsible for:
- Owning the technical architecture baseline for the WAN and Transport Boundary Domains of expertise including: MPLS Carrier Supporting Carrier (CSC) network, WAN routing, Transport Boundary Networking functions, WAN Acceleration, Software Defined WAN, Carrier solutions/handoffs with Providers or other Government Organizations, Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) Customer Edge Interface (DISA boundary)
- Translating business requirements into technical architectures/approaches
- Develop innovative and effective solutions using internal or industry best practices that positively impact the SMIT customer’s business objectives and outcomes.
- Subject matter expert and mentor that leads the work of the Engineering staff to ensure that appropriate results and outcomes are achieved.
- Developing high-level technical designs, products, and/or standards in support of the strategy and operations of the WAN Services and Transport Boundary Domain
- Communicating and collaborating with the relevant Navy Prod Owner, Prod Mgr, Technical Leads, etc… for the WAN Services and Transport Boundary Domain
- Coordinating and attending Agile sprint meetings to help direct and assist the engineering team in solving complex problems and fielding new capabilities for the Navy
- Working with commercial industry vendors, partner labs, and Gov’t labs to evaluate and test new and innovative technologies that satisfy Navy network requirements i.e. WAN, SD-WAN, MPLS, Cloud Access Point Networking, etc…
- Decomposing customer requirements and defining new WAN and Transport Boundary technologies, processes, and capabilities for the Navy
- Conducting trade studies, analysis of alternatives, developing high-level designs, and supporting artifacts
- Working with NGEN-R NOC, SOC, Engineers, Project Managers, and Operations teams to field new technologies and capabilities that advance the Navy’s Networks
- Validating and providing inputs and updates to the Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) SysML model
- Directing and supporting design reviews
- Managing DA capability overlap areas, communicating, and collaborating with the Team
- Capability to review requirements, comprehend, and solution capabilities that satisfy requirements
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, forward thinking, and innovation-driven environment
- Must possess:
- Requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, presentation/briefing skills; ability to interact with internal Senior-level Managers and Senior Navy Customer personnel
- DOD Secret Security Clearance w/ability to upgrade to and maintain a TS Security Clearance.
- Expert/Working Knowledge required, but not limited to: Routing, Switching, MPLS, VPN, IPSEC, Ethernet technologies, Software Defined Networks, Zero Trust Framework, Automation, Transport specific tools and technologies, DoD Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS), DISA Networks, Carrier Networks, etc...
- Current IAT DOD 8570.01 IAT Level II Certification (defined as having one of the following): Comp TIA Security+ CE, Cisco CCNA Security, or ISC2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Ability to travel up to 25% including the potential for OCONUS travel
- Recent experience with Navy IT services and/or NMCI/OneNet
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and SysML experience; Cameo Systems Modeler
- 15-20+ years of IT experience in multiple technical disciplines within DoD environment
- DevOps experience
- ITIL, PMI PMP, and/or Agile certifications
- Applicable Domain-Specific, Expert-level Technology certification such as CCIE, JNCE, etc…
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.