Leidos is looking for a Data Engineer SME with a TS/SCI with Polygraph to support work on an intelligence community information technology (IT) contract in the Reston/Hendon/Chantilly, VA area. The Data Engineer SME will be providing leadership to the big data analysts team members for the Enterprise. The Data Engineer SME applies network management tools which provides decisions and solutions for all aspects of network projects. This decisions will be made for improvements to bandwidth, uptime, and procurement in a predictive manner, as well as leverages their expertise in data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Collects and analyzes datasets, creates metrics dashboards, and proposes process improvements based on analytic findings.
- Uses advanced software programs, algorithms, queries and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate datasets and model complex business problems for total systems
- Supports multi-year planning and development for the client
- Identifies meaningful insights and communicates findings and recommendations.
- Supports the development of information tools, algorithms, dashboards, and queries to monitor and improve business performance.
- Maintains awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
- Influences development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals and business results.
- Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of functional strategy and operations.
- Leads and manages work of other Data Engineering technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs to achieve objectives aligned with the client’s mission intent
- Excellence with communication skills to customer, team, and Leidos leadership
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Requires BA+17 or Masters +15 years of experience. Experience can be used in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Experience with data structures, concepts for enhanced data management, and data algorithms.
- Experience in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- Proficient with Splunk, Tableau, Python, and/or SQL
- Expertise in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning; Predictive modeling, and/or Statistical Analysis and Hypothesis testing
- Expertise in data engineering
- Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.