The Maritime Systems Division of the Leidos Defense Group is seeking a qualified candidate for an Engineering Drafting position, to support a variety of maritime projects. The qualified candidate will work with mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and production personnel to design and document mechanical parts, mechanical assemblies, electrical components, electro-mechanical assemblies, and subsea systems used in maritime applications.
- Create detailed drawings for new designs and/or document modifications to existing products, using Solid Edge, SolidWorks, Visio, AutoCAD, and Altium. Drawings include detailed machined part drawings, system/subsystem assembly drawings, circuit card assemblies, wiring diagrams and schematics, and cable assemblies, along with associated bills of materials (BOMs).
- Read, interpret, and use DOD standards and customer-supplied documentation.
- Review components for ease of manufacture, form, fit and function relative to overall assemblies and manufacturing practices.
- Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASME 14.100-2004 or an equivalent Engineering Drawing Practices standard.
- Demonstrated familiarity with ASME Y14.5M Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Prior experience applying American Welding Society specifications on drawings.
- Familiar with Department of Defense (DoD) and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) drafting standards and practices.
- Broad knowledge of a variety of fabrication techniques and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge and practical experience with Configuration Management (CM) practices.
- Experience with development of assembly drawings and assembly drawing structure.
- Self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Capable of self-checking for completeness and accuracy of work produced.
- Flexible, cooperative, “can do” attitude.
- Currently possesses (or) must be able to obtain an active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
- Maritime systems and/or ocean engineering experience greatly preferred, including prior experience with unmanned underwater vehicles and associated electronics/sensors, underwater cables/connectors, control and monitor electronics, launch and recovery subsystems, and system-to-host interfaces.
- Experience working with Solidworks PDM Pro or other PDM tools.
- Familiarity with software CM tools and practices.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Drafting
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.