Leidos is searching for a Program Analyst, Expert for our team at the Austin Information Technology Center. Must be local to the Austin area with ability to travel into the facility when needed.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans. A Program Analyst, Expert must have the skill set of a senior Program Analyst but also be able to create new methods of gathering and analyzing source data to evaluate program effectiveness and analyze business processes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of operating programs.
- Use source data to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and business processes.
- Use qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to assess the effectiveness of the operations.
- Effectively manipulate data to present program status and make recommendations on improving business processes.
- Communicate effectively to project managers and stakeholders
- Act as an advisor to senior leadership
- Communicate with senior leadership and stakeholders
- Collect, analyze, and advise on key departmental strategies
- Use their extensive communication skills to present to senior leadership
- Use their leadership abilities to
- Use critical thinking skills to identify and mitigate risk
- Applicant's knowledge of program management metrics and measurement-based strategies
- Commitment to efficiency and continuous improvement
- Provide their opinion of data-driven methods
- Communicate expectations to project managers and stakeholders
- Analyze requirements of a project and manage its scope successfully
- Understand the importance of company vision, goals and priorities
- Develop products tailored to senior technical and non-technical audiences to include business partners. Must have experience in explaining in simple language scientific and technical ideas that are difficult for the average reader to understand.
- Develop end-user technical procedure documents, standard operating procedures (SOP), concept of operations (CONOPS), strategic planning presentations, training materials, and reports of both a routine and time-critical nature.
- Technical expertise required to gather, compile, and analyze business process data specifically as it relates to enterprise monitoring policy, process, and capability.
- Have expert understanding on how to identify trends, errors, and missing data and reliably create alternate depictions of that data to identify and highlight issues for senior leadership.
- Ability to clearly articulate findings in both detail and summary reports via a variety of graphic, narrative and oral formats/media, but also be able to create new methods of gathering and analyzing source data to evaluate program effectiveness and analyze business processes.
- Experience in meeting with analysts and other team representatives to review documents, compile inputs/corrections, resolve incompatible comments, and provide final publishable documentation.
- Exceptionally skilled in in the use of Microsoft Power Point, Word, excel, Visio, SharePoint, and Power BI products.
- Master’s degree in Business discipline, plus 15 years of experience. 25 years of relevant experience substitute for degree.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- US Citizen Federal Contract requirement
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Process
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.