The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Technical Editor at the 547th Intelligence Squadron, 365th Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group, 363rd Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing, at Nellis AFB, NV.
As a Technical Editor, assists in the analysis, production and review of intelligence products. This includes proofreading and editing, cataloguing, maintaining, and archiving technical publications in a variety of formats (to include hard copy and digital) including reports, manuals, briefs, guides, instructions, training materials, procedures and related materials in support of USAF flying units.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide expertise in proofreading and editing written analysis products, including but not limited to Threats to Aerospace Operations (TTAO), AFTTP 3-1.Threat Guide, Special Reports, Spyder Bytes, Widow Bursts, IADS Briefings, and other forms of online content.
- Provide expertise in analyzing, organizing and writing required technical material using word processing and web-based applications per established unit and Intelligence Community standards with respect to order, style, terminology and sequencing.
- Provide expertise in reviewing publications and recommending revisions or changes in approaches, scope, format, methods of production and dissemination, to include expertise in maintaining Intelligence Community and unit standards for publications.
- Consult with technical subject-matter experts to ensure common understanding of publications and related materials to be produced.
- Develop and/or administer cataloging systems and maintain records, files, electronic media and archiving of information for publications.
- Select or recommend, based on available analytic resources, the use of layouts, graphics, drawings, tables, exhibits, illustrations, charts, or storyboards to amplify or clarify publications objectives.
- Periodically audit and review publications to determine whether format or content changes/updates are required.
- Remain current on new developments in analysis, technical writing, editing and publishing, including technological enhancements that may affect the corporation.
- Attend local meetings and/or VTCs related to Squadron and/or IC production standards, trends, and procedures, documenting meeting minutes and identifying changes to policy.
- Perform administrative support functions as an adjunct to other contract activities.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS):
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 4 years’ experience editing professional documents, preferably technical documents. Additional experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must possess a current DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Previous Air Force Military Intelligence Analysis experience desired.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.