Leidos is seeking an E-3 AWACS Radar Engineer with knowledge of the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) E-3 AWACS radar system. The AWACS Radar Engineer will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew. Assignment location is Prince Sultan Airbase (PSAB) Al Kharj, Saudi Arabia.
The AWACS Radar Engineer shall perform work that applies a broad theoretical and practical technical knowledge to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Providing continuous on-site technical support at PSAB.
- Providing continuous on-site support at any other base the RSAF deems necessary.
- Assisting in the resolution of RSAF technical issues related to the Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems.
- Providing reach-back (liaison) capabilities directly to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), NGC, and/or any other suppliers or contractors.
- Providing technical support, guidance and expertise to RSAF operations and maintenance personnel on E-3 Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems. This will include the identification and resolution of common issues up to and including correction of errors contained within technical data.
- Advising RSAF management on all technical and engineering details, issues and/or discrepancies related to the E-3 Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems.
- Participating in the evaluation and design of proposed new systems and equipment and/or changes to existing equipment to determine that the design criteria has been satisfied.
- Review vendor specifications, work statements and test plans for new or modified Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems.
- Assisting in the development of repair concepts beyond the normal scope of RSAF technical orders and produces detailed technical instructions to accomplish the repairs.
- Assisting the RSAF in the analysis and identification of correct in-shop practices and procedures to be used during repair actions.
- Assisting the RSAF with the tracking of E-3 Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems components while undergoing repair at NGC or their associated facilities.
- Providing engineering assessments and advise the RSAF on matters effecting aircraft availability and operational readiness.
- Evaluating, evaluating and providing feedback to RSAF management on Quality Control reports.
- Training RSAF personnel (including OJT) on the E-3 Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems.
- Monitoring (analyzing and recording) operational performance of the E-3 Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems.
- Providing reports (in accordance with RSAF directives) to the relevant RSAF departments, including attending any meetings that are applicable to the Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems.
- Bachelor Degree in Electronic Engineering, Radar Engineer, or equivalent.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience with the E-3 Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems or similar Northrup-Grumman equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable on the E-3 Surveillance Radar and IFF fault detection troubleshooting and repair.
- Must have an advanced course certification on the E-3 Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems.
- Knowledge of RSAF technical terminologies, task and responsibilities is desirable.
- Must be able to develop training syllabuses that include theory of operation, troubleshooting and repair of the E-3 Surveillance Radar, IFF and associated support systems. The individual will be required to perform classroom instruction and OJT.
- Must have a high level of oral and written communication skills, and have a firm knowledge on the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal, communications and teamwork skills.
- Knowledgeable of RSAF Technical Terminologies
- A working knowledge of GOLDesp data acquisition systems is desirable.
- Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
- Arabic language proficiency.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.