The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Operations and Business Specialist with a DoD SECRET clearance to join our team supporting the CECOM ILSC FSD Field Modernization Division (FMD) in the Division Support Branch at Ft. Gordon, GA. This position will be located at the customer site at Ft. Gordon, GA and report to the Leidos Deputy Program Manager located at Augusta, GA.
- Will perform as the budgetary support interface for the FMD Contracting Officer Representatives, Division Support Chief, and the Leidos PMO.
- Develop project estimates/ROMs; identify budgetary costs for work efforts; provide recommendations for CLIN direction for projects; enable processing of requests for procurement, EWW, AWL, and Travel; and supervise the on-site Leidos budgetary and Division Support Branch personnel.
- Coordinate closely with the to develop project estimates/ROMs
- Coordinate closely with the government POC and various G8 representatives to process customer paperwork necessary for the customer to process funding requirements.
- Coordinate closely with government POC to develop, refine and report on actuals, variances to actuals, estimates to complete and estimates at complete for budget planning and execution.
- Coordinate closely with government POC to maintain and refine budget planning and execution tools critical to the management and reporting of project progress.
- MISC Ad-Hoc reporting for the government POC.
- MISC CLIN audits and recommendations for a course of action.
- Coordinate closely with the Leidos Deputy Program Manager, PMO Team and government technical leads to enable cross-functional communication for the funding/CLIN direction of work efforts
- Enable processing of Travel, EWW, AWL, and procurement for government approvals
- Active DoD SECRET Clearance or ability to obtain.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting with 2 or more years of experience managing the financial execution of government programs. 4 additional years of related experience can be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree.
- Demonstrated ability in government accounting with the ability to manage the flow of funds for projects, commit resources, manage budgets, and coordinate with the government for funding needs and direction
- Experience developing cost estimates and ROMs for government work packages
- Ability to cross functionally communicate with government, subcontractor, and internal Leidos stakeholders via direct contact, e-mail, phone cons, briefings, and other written products Demonstrated ability to manage personnel
- Strong Analytical skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- GFEBS procedural knowledge
- Government POC G8 procedural knowledge
- Multiple contract experience: FFP, CPFF, T&M, etc.
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.