Leidos Military & Veterans Health Solutions currently has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer to work remotely from a home office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Leidos mission. In this mission, we are implementing an Automated Prescription Fulfillment System (APFS) for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) at a new Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy (CMOP) facility in Shawnee, KS, to replace the legacy system currently operating in Leavenworth, KS.
As prime contractor, Leidos is working with subcontractor companies to implement (deliver and integrate) a complex, integrated system-of-systems that performs very high-speed (10,000 scripts per hour) prescription filling while meeting all system requirements.
The Manufacturing Engineer will work with a subcontractor company as well as Leidos systems engineers, integration engineers, and test engineers to enable and ensure subcontractor manufacturing operations for production assembly, fabrication of materials, and internal testing meet project needs and performance requirements. The Manufacturing Engineer will collaborate with technical staff to operate and improve manufacturing processes to streamline and improve production schedules while also meeting all requirements for technical quality and safety.
The Manufacturing Engineer will work with the team as well as suppliers to create production schedules and procedures, provide supply chain management support, and update and execute the Emergency Recovery Plan and supporting procedures, to mitigate risk to interruptions in production throughput manufactured products and end items.
The Manufacturing Engineer’s primary duties include:
- Work with subcontractor and other team members to create and maintain the manufacturing schedule, factory acceptance test (FAT) structure and schedule, and delivery schedule from the manufacturing facility to the customer installation site.
- Maintain current data and provide status on technical and schedule performance issues.
- Assist engineers with development of test procedures for end items, components, and subsystems.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements.
- Routinely review and analyze supply chain throughput and backlogs to estimate delivery and mitigate risk of supply chain delays on production operations; review, analyze, act on potential parts obsolescence issues.
- Analyze technical parameters for obsolete parts and assist subcontractor with identification of sources for direct replacement parts that meet form, fit and function requirements.
- Provide / support assessment and collaborative resolution of complex cross-functional technical issues amongst multiple diverse stakeholders.
- Drive results through the development, implementation and maintenance of rigorous processes, tools, schedules and metrics
- Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process
- Create processes and procedures to help assembly technicians create workflow efficiencies to enhance quality and streamline production.
- Recommend new solutions to existing manufacturing problems
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or related scientific/technical discipline is required with 4 – 8 years of professional experience. 4 years of additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Industrial-automation / mechanical engineering, problem management, and performance management experience.
- Experience in Systems Engineering processes and procedures
- Familiarity with regulations, codes and standards to include OSHA, NIOSH, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and Underwriters Laboratories (UL) 544 and 1950.
- Understanding of standard Change Management process
- Proficiency in software programs such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook
- Excellent communications skills to interface with customers and peers
- Excellent analytical, technical, and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple actions at any given time
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Work well under pressure
- Exposure to/Implementation of Lean Six Sigma process improvement techniques
- Electro-mechanical systems experience, programmable industrial controls, PLCs, process control
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical distribution systems and requirements under FDA regulations
- Familiarity with regulations, codes and standards to include United States Pharmacopeia (USP), Medical Device Amendments of 1976, and Safe Medical Device Amendments of 1998.
- Project management experience with multifunctional responsibilities with emphasis on production / manufacturing operations
- Experience/domain knowledge of requirements, verification and validation
- Experience supporting VA, DoD, or other Federal customer environments.
- Experience with Department of Veterans Affairs within the last two years, to include previous possession of VA PIV card and VA network access
- Knowledge of Leidos EngineeringEdge NextGen
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.