Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
We are seeking a Sr. Systems Integration Test Engineer – Quality in Tewksbury, MA, to support our Security, Detection and Automation business.
Job Description Summary:
The Quality Senior System Integration & Test Engineer is responsible for verifying new and existing products as part of the release to production process. In this role, you will gain in-depth knowledge of customer requirements, define and execute test cases and procedures to assess overall product conformance to requirements, and determine release readiness for deployment to production/field. Testing will be approached using a system level perspective (i.e. product as a complete solution) to evaluate hardware, software, networking components, and related interfaces. Security and Detection Systems division is the leading supplier of security detection systems with a focus on checkpoint, checked baggage, air cargo and ports & borders security screening systems
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents, and provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Provide estimates for testing duration and related expenses to execute the validation and verification process. Assess performance against estimates and drive appropriate root cause corrective action for variances.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute testing activities; including preparing and executing detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans for functional and non-functional requirements as well as regression testing.
- Lead system-level integration of hardware and software components and perform end to end validation and verification testing of all system requirements.
- Ensure defects/issues encountered during testing are thoroughly documented, analyzed with key stakeholders, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in project meetings and represent customer needs throughout the gated product realization process.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and make recommendations to improve the product/supporting processes.
- Relevant work experience should be in a systems test/product development role.
- Broad experience independently managing and leading complex tasks and assignments to successful completion on-time.
- Solid understanding of Product Realization Process and System Development Life Cycle.
- Experience applying QA/test methodologies and tools; including traceability of requirements to test cases.
- Knowledge of various operating systems such as Linux and Windows.
- Strong customer focus and influence skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Must have the ability to pass eQuip
- MS degree desired
- Active security clearance desired
- Experience in electro-mechanical systems (i.e. integration, troubleshooting, etc.).
- Knowledge of x-ray systems
- Agile/Scrum experience
- Project management experience in cross-functional environments
- Experience with ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- LSS Green Belt
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.