The Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Operation is hiring a Windows Systems Administration Subject Matter Expert to support the National Air and Space Intelligence Center at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. An active TS/SCI is required; all work is onsite.
- Provide Level III CFP backchannel support
- Provide compliance with USAF/DIA directives, including but not limited to Time Compliance Network Orders (TCNO), Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) and Intelligence Community Vulnerability Alerts (ICVA).
- Maintain and operate NASIC critical infrastructure to support back-office and customer-facing services such as Active Directory, Domain Name System, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol servers, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Windows Server Update Services
- Maintain, secure, patch, and deploy operating systems including but not limited to Windows Server 2012R2/2016/2019, Windows 10, VMware ESX v7
- Maintain server, storage and workstation infrastructure in compliance with Command Cyber Readiness Inspection (CCRI) criteria
- Provide documented Operational views of new installations and upgrades and comply with all NASIC governance
- Sustain remote management services and connectivity for fiber-connected desktops
- Develop, support, and troubleshoot scripts for automation of IT-related tasks for all system designs. Test automation in approved test environment.
- Support and troubleshoot scripts written in Microsoft Powershell, Python, bash, and/or perl. Use automation tools like Windows Desired State Configuration, vRealize Automation, Ansible, puppet, and/or chef. Use software defined techniques and integration with RESTful API’s. Utilize the CI/CD pipeline and Platform processes and tools to test and approve all scripts including using the approved coding repository (e.g. GtiHub, Jenkins, Subversion)
- Support roaming Windows profiles
- Support enterprise programs and applications to include Flexira, AdminStudio, Windows Terminal Services and Remote Desktop, Hummingbird, Samba, Vintela Authentication Services, MS Cluster Services, McAfee Antivirus Server, Outlook, Internet Information Server, Adobe products, and various scripting languages including Perl, PowerShell, VB Script
- Maintain/administer/update Windows operating systems, products, applications and services
- Create, configure, maintain, patch, and troubleshoot virtual systems VMWare, Amazon’s Top Secret Commercial Cloud Service (C2S), and Secret C2S (SC2S)
- Maintain configuration management controls, to include security/update patches
- Create/maintain custom ad hoc scripting, utilize approved government code repository, and follow release management processes
- Maintain and administer Windows Terminal Services for Remote Desktop Services
- Conduct periodic log reviews for usability and troubleshooting
- Develop change plans for all Windows Enterprise/Domain modifications
- Manage and administer Microsoft SQL database services
- Manage and administer Microsoft SharePoint server farm
- Maintain Active Directory and associated custom scripting for account validation, office symbol changes and administration of Group Policy Objects (GPO) with removal/disable of no longer required GPOs
- Maintain Domain Name Service configuration integrated across Windows/Linux to include bind and/or InfoBlox
- Maintain/update Active Directory & Exchange environments ensuring stale user and admin accounts are removed in accordance with DoD and NASIC policy/instruction
- Perform file and email message remediation as necessitated by identified security incidents
- Maintain/update clustered Exchange servers for high-availability, to include load balancers, placement within the virtual environment, and daily review of system and application logs for the Exchange cluster
- Verify delivery and transit of email inbound/outbound to other SMTP mail servers
- Support and troubleshoot scripts for automation of IT-related tasks for all system designs. Test automation in approved test environment. Assist system administrators with integration and implementation of automation.
- Support and troubleshoot scripts written in Microsoft Powershell, Python, bash, and perl. Use automation tools like ansible, puppet, chef. Use software defined techniques and integration with RESTful API’s.
- Provide highly-available, fault tolerant file/print cluster services such as drivers, spooler and printer configuration
- Configure/maintain Windows attached storage
- Maintain TCP/IP configuration controls
- Maintain and track user access
- Support installation/admin/update of antivirus software, server and signatures.
- Maintain/administer/update Windows products, applications and services
- Maintain/administer/update approved third party Windows applications
- Perform software loading and configuration controls
- Provide/maintain Windows server builds IAW NASIC processes and policies
- Document installations, removals, and change requests using the NASIC CCR process; gather technical information in support of the CCR process to include microcode software updates, license software changes, and updates to antivirus applications; submit a government CCR documenting the change and receiving approval prior to completing the modification
- Provide monthly functional area reports summarizing work accomplished, work planned in next month and important issues occurring during the month
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II (e.g., Security+) certification
- One or more certifications in Windows/MS operating systems (e.g. MTA, MCSA, MCSE)
- Bachelors’ Degree with at least 8-12 years of work experience. In lieu of a degree 13+ years of experience may be considered
- Prior experience maintaining/administering/updating Windows operating systems, products, applications and services
- Experience supporting back-office and customer-facing services such as Active Directory, Domain Name System, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol servers, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Windows Server Update Services
- Experience maintaining, securing, patching, and deploying operating systems including but not limited to Windows Server 2012R2/2016/2019, Windows 10, VMware ESX v7
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting scripts written in one or more of the following: Microsoft Powershell, Python, bash, and/or perl. Use automation tools like Windows Desired State Configuration, vRealize Automation, Ansible, puppet, and/or chef.
- Experience supporting one or more of the following enterprise programs and applications to include Flexira, AdminStudio, Windows Terminal Services and Remote Desktop, Hummingbird, Samba, Vintela Authentication Services, MS Cluster Services, McAfee Antivirus Server, Outlook, Internet Information Server, Adobe products, and various scripting languages including Perl, PowerShell, VB Script
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.