The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN). In this hands-on position, you will work collaboratively to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems. You will exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You will participate in major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the engineering development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, and testing. This position is located in Lorton, VA
- Support all aspects of SENS3 enterprise operations, to include technical planning, design, development, integration, assessment, and requirements analysis, as well as future capability needs (near and long-term) to drive the design and maintain an IT Enterprise.
- Analyzing, developing, integrating, and maintaining enterprise automation and operations based on community policies and guides.
- Support all aspects of the current and planned developed solutions, capabilities, risk mitigation, analysis of alternatives, testing.
- Coordinate with internal components and external agencies to ensure interoperability.
- Lead the development and implementation of senior management and customer O&M and future need requirements into detailed technical solutions.
- Help mentor and review the work of junior team members.
- Supports customer requirements in a 24/7/365 IT enterprise operations environment.
- Performing these responsibilities will include significant collaboration and coordination with external customers, management, subcontractors, vendors, and other engineering disciplines.
- Technical experience in systems engineering, system architecture, software engineering, software architecture, and/or related fields
- Knowledge of the Architectural, SW Development and SW Sustainment Practices
- Experience and knowledge of IT enterprise operations
- Experience working in large enterprise operations environments that include: the identification, development, analysis, scheduling and managing of enterprise IT activities, solutions/risk mitigations, artifacts and migrations
- Experience applying systems engineering fundamental concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments
- Understanding of information technology functions and services supporting DHS and the missions of its respective components
- Experience developing and leading enterprise automation and enterprise class commercial technology integrations
- Demonstrated experience in implementing enterprise automation and technologies systems engineering practices, especially in collaborative environments
- Experience in collaborating with other enterprise technologists both internal and external to resolve complex technical issues
- Experience in supporting and coordinating across senior-level organizations
- Experience mentoring junior team members
- Ability to communicate with senior management and customers
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Candidate must have a BS with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must currently possess an active TS/SCI with ability to gain DHS EOD
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.