- Produce design data as required for the manufacture and assembly of aircraft structures and systems (including knowledge-intensive engineering drawings using 3D and 2D design software). Research and review engineering data (drawings, reports, manuals, etc.) defining aircraft structure or systems in support of design work.
- Support other engineering groups as workload requirements dictate. Develop expertise on aircraft design concepts, industry design standards, regulations and drafting techniques consistent with workload environment.
- Review and recommend RSAF authorizations of systems engineering modifications. Progress approval of improvement initiatives through external design organizations and technical authorities.
- Provide advice and assistance to the RSAF Airworthiness Director on all generic structural issues pertaining to the airworthiness for each aircraft platform in a timely and effective manner.
- Evaluate and perform cost benefit analysis of improvement initiatives.
- Create original designs for changed to existing systems to improve safety, reliability, maintainability, or performance. Perform integration, test, and instructional tasks.
- Collate trend data and investigate aircraft systems related to problems affecting fleet performance and devise innovative solutions. Monitor test programs and evaluate test data to identify problems and/or to very performance.
- Where necessary, initiate and progress avionic component technical queries and defect and problem investigations, liaising with appropriate stakeholders to review resultant reports, expediting and consequential maintenance or modification action.
- Participate in accident investigations. Evaluate and provide recommendations on major defect and aircraft incident reports.
- Perform studies and participate in research, development, and implementation of programs to improve safety, reliability, and maintainability.
- In conjunction with each section specialist, be able to assist the development and refinement of future support concepts and policies.
- Monitor and provide independent airworthiness assessment on Avionic In-Kingdom Industrial Participation (IKIP) activities.
- Support day to day activities in the preparation of RSAF correspondences both internal and external, as well as support RSAF officers in meetings and management reviews.
For Level III: Advanced Degree (MA/MS) in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, or similar, and minimum twelve (12) years of experience in aircraft/aerospace structural engineering including design, development, integration, and test of civil and/or military aircraft and equipment (additional directly relevant experience and certifications may be considered in lieu of degree). Previous work experience and training in Military Airworthiness Authority (MAA).
- Fluent in English
- Military Fast Jet background with practical, 1st Line Avionics experience at a senior level
- Comprehensive appreciation of military maintenance regulations relating to fast jet airframe (major & sub) assemblies
- Experience in military airworthiness regulations, policies, processes, procedures, and standards for military and/or civilian registered aircraft
- Experience in senior engineering management with a thorough knowledge of engineering authority processes, specifically the types of fighter, transport, rotary, and/or unmanned aircraft systems
- Knowledge of and experience in handling structures related certification projects and development of airworthiness regulations
- Experience and working knowledge of international regulations and policies for military and aviation
- Ability to develop and integrate concepts that involve requirements, design, prototyping, production, testing, training and logistics support in all phases of weapon system life cycle, including all aspects of technical performance that involve trade-off of performance, life-cycle cost, risk, maintainability, supportability, testability and other engineering requirements.
- Possess knowledge of engineering principles used in stress analysis, 3D computer modelling and other analytical substantiation techniques. Experience utilizing CAD software and/or 3D modelling software with demonstrable proficiency.
- Design certification experience within an aerospace organization with technical involvement applicable in on or more of the following: research, design, development, production, testing, and performance of theoretical studies; analysis of airworthiness / system of safety design; and recommendations to expand performance and enhance design as applicable
- Formal training on airworthiness certification
- Excellent knowledge of standard aircraft components, materials, composites, metals, fabrication practices, aviation hardware, integration and proper applications in design with a thorough understanding of the use and application of aircraft technical data
- Working knowledge of international regulation and policy for military and civil aviation as well as International Trade in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Progressive experience in design and development of aircraft structural engineering projects required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities and proven interpersonal skills
- Literate in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, etc.)
- Chartered Engineer status
- Experience working with Military Fast Jet platforms in a forward operational domain
- Aircraft mechanical / structural background with practical, hands-on experience
- Experience in handling reverse engineering, weapons, and aerodynamics related to certification projects and development in airworthiness regulations
- Detailed knowledge of the Logistics Airworthiness Management (LAM) framework and all appropriate document sets
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.