Leidos is looking for a highly a qualified database developer / architect for an exciting opportunity at a US federal agency to support a greenfield application development effort. Candidates should have demonstrated ability to understand the landscape and the purpose of the applications that requires a database background and contribute at all levels of the application development life cycle. Successful candidates should possess a broad perspective on technology, and knowledge on current database technology trends and be able to work comfortably within the SecDevOps and agile frameworks. In addition candidates should be self-motivated and have greenfield application development experience
- Recommend, design and maintain a database system suitable to support the overall application. This includes traditional RDBMS as well as data warehouse data structures and NoSQL databases
- Recommend best practices in database architecture DBMS and NoSQL
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to discern and collect requirements from disparate data sources as well as other team member and customers.
- Develop implementation, operations and maintenance plans
- Work within a SecDevOps and agile application development team and act as a team player
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field from an accredited university and 5+ years of experience in database architecture and administration
- 5 years of experience with data warehouse data structures as well as NoSQL architecture
- 5 years of experience with nontraditional data types such as JSON
- 2 years of Database API Development
- 2 years of experience with federal guidelines security controls implementation (FIPS, NIST), as well as data encryption standards.
- 1 year working knowledge of Node.JS, Angular.JS
- 1 year working knowledge of Docker and containerization concepts.
Candidates should hold an active Secret clearance or higher.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.