Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions Operations is seeking a talented Infrastructure Solutions Architect, to drive the technical solutions for the HHS Programs in Bethesda, MD.
The Infrastructure Solutions Architect will lead and drive the modernization of IT infrastructure platforms and processes; oversee the technical support for network systems and devices required to provide secure and always-on infrastructure services, accessed by researchers to customer-sponsored data hosted in the cloud, and secure access to the Department of Health and Human Resources (HHS) various grants management systems. The Architect will also collaborate with Operations, Security, Networking, Infrastructure, and Application Development teams on solution design, hands-on implementation, and process automation. The ideal candidate will have led through a modernization in the past and served as a key technical resource through the lifecycle beyond just planning and conception.
Additionally, the Architect will serve as a technical leader in the development, implementation, maintenance, and ever greening of processes, procedures, and technical controls and enhancements required to maintain an Authority to Operate (ATO) for a General Support System (GSS) with a Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 199 Security Categorization of High. The Architect will oversee the delivery of cybersecurity project management, continuous diagnostics and mitigation, threat mitigation and incident response, security architecture support, critical infrastructure protection, patch management, vulnerability management, risk management, information assurance, penetration testing, cybersecurity services, and Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) documentation. The ideal candidate will have experience establishing practices that support the customer Identity and Access Management Services in Planning capacity and investment as well as service delivery elements. Additional duties include:
- Develop, deploy and manage the introduction of new capabilities, and the enhancement or troubleshooting of existing capabilities, providing technical council as needed
- Leverage experience and industry best practices to design and implement solutions
- Develop, lead and participate in the build and implementation per detailed designs, executive briefings, data flow diagrams, and other supporting design and development documentation.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with internal and client team members across the program, and as needed, present task status, provide technical council, and/or alternative designs, solutions, and or processes to leadership.
- Conduct Enterprise Architecture (EA) reviews to identify and recommend actions to eliminate gaps, duplication or incompatibilities among business functions, programs, and/or tools and technologies
- Identify business requirements that affect the EA and provide technical infrastructure solutions that integrate into the overall architectural vision and strategy.
- Guide the research, design, and implementation of prototypes and pilots for machine learning, artificial intelligence solutions for customer systems and applications based on business needs
- Guide efforts on the design and development of reports, dashboards, and predictive analytics based on the enterprise business needs
- Support proposal response efforts; act as proposal section lead, support solution design efforts for current as well as new business opportunities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, engineering, or other relevant field.
- Strong technical writing experience, to include development of winning proposal solutions and leading technical section approaches
- A minimum of 15+ years of industry experience in the areas of infrastructure engineering with proven work experience with Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure as a Solution Architect with a focus on building and leveraging open source and native cloud services.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience leading technical teams/individuals with direct management responsibility.
- Established knowledge and experience with networking including domain controllers, active directory, and other core infrastructure essentials to include security.
- Understanding of network architect designing and managing LAN, WAN, VPN, Wireless networks and VoIP networks
- Proven experience leading Enterprise Architecture and Governance
- Proven experience implementing, and managing infrastructure with COOP
- Experience supporting Datacenters and Hosting and Cloud Infrastructure Services
- Experience with problem/incident management.
- Experience with Identity and Access Management and Domain Name Services
- Experience with Infrastructure and Architectural Assessment
- Experience with Data Architecture & Data Analytics
- Experience working with container technologies such as Docker, OpenShift and Jaeger
- Experience performing Business process re-engineering analyzing existing processes, understanding the pain points, identifying opportunities for improvements including automation, working with stakeholders and implementing new solutions to meet requirements.
- In-depth experience supporting new business efforts including solution designs, proposal efforts, customer demos and oral presentations.
- CI/CD pipeline implementation and usage – leveraging tools such as Jenkins, Ansible Tower, Veracode, CAST, and test automation tools (IBM RFT, Selenium, etc.).
- Version control and SECDEVOP repository system implementation and usage – specifically Subversion, Git, and Nexus.
- Implementation experience with:
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) architecture design, deployment, migration, and sustainment
- AWS/Azure (e.g.: SECDEVOPS engineer experience, service management , container to cluster migration)
- Linux (RHEL or Debian/Ubuntu)
- Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Scripting in the form of BASH/shell, Python, or Golang (Go)
- HashiCorp (Packer, Terraform, Consul, Vault)
Position requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency Status and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate or Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert are highly desired.
- Hands-on experience with the HHS (and/or associated OpDiv) technical environments, to include ongoing engagement with senior technical clients and decision makers
- Experience supporting Trusted Internet Connection (TIC)
- Experience managing multiple Internet Service Providers
- Electronic Records Management
- Enterprise Project Life Cycle
- Implementation Experience with:
- Cisco technologies
- Palo Alto
- Science Logic
- Active Directory
- Large scale infrastructure design and implementation project experience
- Cybersecurity implementations, including Identity and access management
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
- The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF)
- Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence (EACOE)
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.