The National Solutions Operations (NSO) within the Intelligence Group of Leidos is searching for a Senior Capture Manager Director to focus on high value capture opportunities (>$250M), responsible for campaign orchestration while securing existing and winning new major business opportunities in the intelligence community marketplace. This role requires a high business acumen, technical education or related experience, resourcefulness, and internal/external customer relations-oriented individual. Candidate must have a proven record of winning new and follow-on business in federal intelligence market. The position will report to the Vice President of Business Development Operations and Strategy.
The successful candidate joins a high-performing team charted with growing business with Intelligence Community customers – NGA, NRO, and DIA. Our capture managers assume responsibility for developing and executing the overall capture strategies to increase the win probability of new projects. The successful candidate for this position will drive growth campaigns, orchestrate bid strategies, guide and mentor other capture managers, and execute strategic capture(s) of the greatest complexity and value to the business.
Candidate will work closely with the responsible customer business development lead, supporting the transition from marketing lead’s opportunity identification into capture efforts, assembling a capture team and managing the capture team to successful contract bids and wins, contacting existing clients and partners, communicating the organization’s core capabilities, and establishing internal and external teaming and managing bid and proposal funding.
The Capture Manager is responsible for managing all the activities necessary to transform qualified opportunities into wins. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of US Government contracting, contract types and procurement processes and must be team-oriented and demonstrate strong reasoning and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13+ years of prior relevant experience
- Excellent communications skills – demonstrated through written and oral presentations, development of technical papers, volumes, or similar products
- Experience in capturing/winning large business development programs (>$200M Total Contract Value) within the Intelligence Community with emphasis on opportunity qualification and shaping into solution and proposal submission
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, relationship development with competition, team leadership, etc.
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements, competitive pricing strategies, and associated cost proposal materials
- Candidates must possess an active Top Secret clearance with ability to attain SCI and successfully pass polygraph
- The candidate must be an organized, aggressive, highly skilled professional, knowledgeable in government contracting with excellent leadership and collaboration skills. Knowledge/experience with NRO, DIA, and NGA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills
- In-scope Top Secret SCI with polygraph or Active Top Secret with ability to attain SCI with polygraph
- Experience managing capture managers and business development professionals to successfully win new business initiatives.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Capture Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.