The Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is seeking a full-time Public Health Analyst with a strong healthcare background for Navy psychological health program development and evaluation position.
Job Purpose: seeking a full-time Public Health Analyst to support a contract with the Naval Center for Combat & Operational Stress Control (NCCOSC) (Psychological Science & Analytics Dept.) in San Diego, CA. Under the Psychological Health Directorate of the Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED), NCCOSC optimizes force psychological readiness through development, aggregation, analysis, and dissemination of best practices and innovations in primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention of psychological illness and injury.
The Public Health Analyst shall work as a team member consulting with military systems to help develop and implement systemic process improvement changes in military psychological health. The individual will act as a liaison and consultant for psychological health related product development with military stakeholders.
- A Master's Degree in public health, epidemiology, psychology or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience, multiple years of which must have been at least at the level of Research Associate or equivalent. In addition to above, proficiency in MS office and familiarity with statistical software packages (e.g., SPSS) is also required.
- This position requires knowledge of basic project management practices.
- Applicant should have significant ability to multitask and prioritize, and assist in project management responsibilities.
- Expertise managing and analyzing databases in Excel and SPSS
- Proficiency developing briefs, presentations and papers narrating findings
- Experience creating data visuals
- Experience working in the field of combat stress, psychological health, and/or experience working with active duty or reserve members.
- Demonstrated experience in study design, data collection and management, statistical analysis, and scientific writing preferred. Military experience or work in the military health care field.
- Familiarity with Department of Defense (DoD) and Military Health System (MHS) organization and structure is desired.
- Due to federal contract regulations, US Citizenship is required. Candidates MUST be able to pass a government background investigation
- The position is designated as a drug testing designated position (TDP)
Full Time Employee Benefits:
401K with company match
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Life Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.