Leidos has a career opportunity for a Sr. Capture Manager supporting our HHS (Health and Human Services) business located in Baltimore, Maryland.
The job of the Capture Manager is to lead medium to large sized capture efforts that are high complexity, high strategic value and high dollar value, to secure new or re-compete contracts, or task order business. Successful candidate will have accountability to shape and win new business through a balanced focus on customer engagement, customer value, the competitive environment, and the corporation's best interests. The position will include developing capture strategy and business solution for pursuit of opportunities, and playing a leadership role in defining technical solutions and competitive assessments. Identifies potential customers, competitive assessments, teaming suppliers, and position-to-win. Participates in bid and proposal activities and has the responsibility to lead and integrate the assigned cross-functional team, including the authority to direct team activities for the duration of the pursuit. Partners with the Leidos Health Group and the Health Group BD organization to ensure strategy and approach are in-line with business goals. Travel on an as-needed basis.
- The capture manager is responsible for the capture leadership of an assigned portfolio of opportunities in support of the market strategy.
- The capture manager must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals.
- This individual will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity for each capture.
- Candidates at this level will develop the overall win strategy and perform the associated marketing for assigned opportunities.
- Will develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
- The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12+ years of professional experience.
- Business development familiarity within the health industry base
- Demonstrated ability to capture business across a heterogeneous portfolio
- A natural aptitude for strategic planning, financial analysis, capture management and teaming
- Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external customers / partners
- Aptitude for milestone-based capture process; to include opportunity identification, developing business cases, and capture management
- Proactive, superior attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills
- Business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills, reliability and sound judgment
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement
- Ability to articulate complex issues into succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations
- Strong leadership and communications skills
- Technical background or operational experience
- Successful track record of significant and successful capture and business development accomplishment
- US Citizenship required, must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust government security clearance.
- Experience with federal government budget, investments and acquisition processes.
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos.
- CMS, SSA, NIH, FDA, CDC, HHS and overall health industry experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Capture Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.