Leidos is looking to hire an AWS Systems Engineer to work on a software deployment team. The qualified candidate will work hand-in-hand with the Chief Engineer (CE), Systems Team leadership, and the Program Management team to help design and deliver the next generation desktop and web based production and dissemination system. This position will require experience across multiple System Engineering domains with a focus on standing up and maintaining cloud environments, and the deployment of custom code, COTS, and GOTS to those environments with a focus on Geospatial tools.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
This position involves leading systems engineering activities that support building and delivering new and innovative systems to implement analytics, exploitation, production and dissemination using web, remote desktop, and cloud technologies. Engineer will be responsible for overall system administration of multiple development and customer environments, as well as supporting development teams with deploying their custom capabilities and troubleshooting as needed.
- Experience with Amazon Web services (AWS)
- System (hardware, software and networking) Design and Architecture.
- Familiarity with the geospatial domain and technologies (ArcGIS, WMS, WFS, KML).
- Understanding of SW development methodologies (Agile)
- DD8570 certification and the ability to maintain privileged access to customer networks
- Must currently possess an active TS/SCI, with ability to obtain a Polygraph post hire
- Requires BS and 8+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience; OR an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- At least 1 year experience deploying GIS, specifically ESRI ArcGIS systems
- At least 1 year experience designing, delivering, and troubleshooting Citrix virtual environments
- At least 5 years’ experience with AWS capabilities and services
- At least 5 years’ experience performing system administration duties including maintaining software/OS and troubleshooting user incidents
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.