Leidos has an opening for a Senior Windows Systems Engineer with MDS (Meta Directory Service) MIM/FIM experience to support the ESA V program, in Washington, DC. ESA V is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, desk side support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, Windows Server, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
This position will engineer, maintain and administer a multi-site, multi-farm Windows server on-premises infrastructure, dedicated to the synchronization of 120,000+ GAL objects across every DOJ component. Senior Level Responsibilities related to maintaining production with reliable and stable operations that includes but not limited to senior level understanding of Windows Services and Servers, Advanced Troubleshooting, and advanced Windows Server communications. Additionally, experience with MIM and\or FIM is preferred, or Okta, AD, ADFS, AAD, RSA, LDAP and other directory and authentication items is required. Furthermore, this position requires extensive knowledge of the logic and code to facilitate this synchronization, including thousands of lines of VB Code. The primary responsibility of this role is to manage the synchronization mentioned above, using the items listed above, and the subsequent upgrades to this system. Other requirements and preferences are secondary.
• Document all platform service processes and procedures and maintain the artifacts in a document repository;
• Perform systems operation support, including server system administration, general troubleshooting, and troubleshooting of complex engineering issues for hardware, software, and network components;
• Provide expertise and assistance in migrations to managed service(s); and
• Design, build, and test application upgrades within specified timeframes.
• Manage and maintain Windows servers in the customer data centers; work directly with customers as required to ensure their needs are met
• Maintain the smooth operation of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with other administrators, customers and engineers
• Set up administrator and service accounts, tune system performance, install system wide software
• Interact with users and evaluate vendor products
• Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years relevant work experience with Windows Microsoft Meta Directory Service (MDS) Management + MIM/FIM systems engineer with an IT equipment vendor, service provider, or a data center. Four additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Hands-on Experience with Microsoft Meta-Directory Service (MMS) Management
• Identity Management tools MIM and FIM
• VB Code and Scripting (or other closely related)
• Experience with VMWare
• Experience with SQL for database programming
• Strong technical writing skills
• PowerShell Scripting experience
• Experience completing registry backups and modifications
• Experience with Group Policy Management (GPO) and application of Local Security Policies
• Experience with Windows Task Scheduler
• Experience with security settings/STIGs and other commercial security best practices
• Experience with System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
• Experience with System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools
• Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining virtual and cloud environments
• Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule; also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.
• Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers on site and with staff in the main office in Washington, DC
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
• Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Managing Active Directory/ADFS and DFS
• MCSE certification
• Past experience with the Department of Justice
• DOJ or DOD Active Clearance
• Network knowledge and experience
• Working knowledge of NetApp and other storage devices
• Exposure to SQL and Oracle and database concepts and installations
• ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with Remedy
• Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and newer
• Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
• (SCCM) 2012 and newer
• Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2012 R2 and newer
• Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS)
• Symantec End-Point Protection 14 and newer
• Citrix XenApp 7.9 and newer
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.