The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions (CSS) Operations within the Intelligence Group of Leidos is searching for a Capture Manager to focus on high value capture opportunities (>$150M), responsible for securing existing and winning new business opportunities in the intelligence community marketplace. This role requires an ethical approach to winning, comprehensive business acumen, technical understanding and/or education, resourcefulness to manage process driven captures, and internal/external customer relations-oriented individual. This position requires the ability to collaborate effectively with business development, functional and line management personnel as well as considerable negotiation skills. Candidate must have a proven record of winning new and follow-on business in federal intelligence market. The position will report to the Vice President of Business Development Operations and Strategy.
The successful candidate assumes responsibility for developing and executing the overall capture strategy associated with an approved pursuit effort. Duties include orchestrating all aspects of the bid strategy including cost/price strategy and position to win, providing oversight of the development all proposal volumes, creating capture teams and fostering a culture of winning ethically.
This position can be located in our Reston, VA, Chantilly, VA or Aberdeen, MD locations. Our SCIF is in our Columbia, MD office and the candidate would need to work in this location when required.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13+ years of prior relevant experience
- Candidates must possess an active Top Secret clearance with SCI
- Experience in capturing large business development programs (>$150M Total Contract Value) with emphasis on opportunity qualification and shaping into solution and proposal submission
- Excellent communications skills – demonstrated through written and oral presentations, development of technical papers, volumes, or similar products
- Familiarity with online tools used by the Federal Government for solicitations
- Proven record of success managing capture efforts within the Intelligence Community (winning single award >$150M pursuits as capture manager)
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, relationship development with competition, team leadership, etc.
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements
- Experience in the development of competitive pricing strategies and associated cost proposal materials
- Experience with SIGINT and CYBER domains and intelligence tradecraft approaches across disciplines
- Prior business development experience in the Intel Community market
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish solid working relationships with technical staff, division managers, and peers across the corporation
- Possess business and technical vision
- Ability to think strategically
- Possess analytical presentation and problem solving skills
- Current Polygraph desired or willingness to sit for polygraph.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Capture Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.