The National Solutions Division at Leidos is looking for an Operations Manager to provide process and technical expertise and functional management to a cross-functional team for an enterprise solution within an Intelligence Community agency. Work will be performed in Chantilly, VA.
Successful candidate will provide operations & sustainment leadership across a highly available and expanding operational footprint. The candidate should have a background working within an Agile execution construct, Tier 2 and Tier 3 processes and tasks, reporting to customers and internal stakeholders, and prior management or lead role experience. Past experience as an operations lead will be significantly beneficial in this role. Ideal candidate has hands on systems engineering experience aligned with supporting the maintenance of an operational system.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Briefing operations status to customer leadership at daily, weekly, monthly forums in accordance with program business rhythms
- Defining and refining processes to be applied for execution of tasks and incident response / resolution
- Providing technical execution oversight to operations during incidents
- Interfacing with mission partners, consumer applications, and other external entities in troubleshooting enterprise incidents and integration problems
- Facilitating collaboration across operations team and the other program efforts (development, consumer integration, and deployment/security)
- Assisting operations teams with prioritization of tasks
- Collaborating with stakeholders for enterprise projects and activities
- -Designing, using, and refining an operational intelligence approach for proactive identification and resolution of issues and recognition of trends
- Supporting off-hour calls to assist in troubleshooting and coordinating of resources when high priority operational incidents occur
- Communicating with customer stakeholders during off-hours when high priority incidents effecting the system occur
- Working closely with Program Leadership (Ops Lead, Chief Engineers and Architects, Program Manager) to identify baseline enhancements to improve operational stability
- Maintaining daily availability calculations
- Ensuring delivery of monthly CDRL requirements to the customer
- Leading ops metrics collection and dissemination
- Managing overall program schedule of operational deployments
- Coordinating with the Release Train Engineer (RTE) to schedule the deployment of baseline updates into multiple operational instances.
- Enhancing and improving the skills and performance of the operations staff through training and development of procedures
- Supporting customer test milestones
- Providing leadership and direction to operations team members, including operations managers
- Staffing current program openings for the team and ensuring new members are brought up to speed
- Executing the performance assessments, salary adjustments, and recognition/disciplinary actions
- Collaborating with subcontractor team members’ leadership for staffing needs
- Planning and allocating resources across program task orders for financial reporting
- Participating in proposal efforts including Basis of Estimate (BOE) and technical volume writing
- Overseeing training across the operations team members
- Performing timecard review and approval actions
- Experience in providing leadership to a mission-focused Operational & Sustainment (O&S) team
- Experience in leading the technical resolution of high priority operational system incidents
- Experience in briefing the customer and stakeholders on overall system status, health, and incident resolution progress
- Must possess an active TS//SCI security clearance
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Successful candidate will demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, initiative, good attitude, be a results-oriented team player, creative thinker, and problem solver. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following technologies:
- Network security and Transport
- System administration
- Cyber security engineering
- Cloud engineering
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- Security + or CISSP certification
- Experience working with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
- Experience working in Tier 2 or Tier 3 operational system support
- Managing personnel and budgets
"External Referral Eligbile"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.