In this role, the candidate will support the operations, management, and system integration of cross domain systems (CDS) and other security technologies in a small team environment. Primarily the candidate will be responsible for providing Operations & Maintenance activities on existing CDS systems. The support activities will include deployment, integration, troubleshooting and testing of new data flows by applying diverse skills in system engineering, administration, management, and security. Additionally, this includes providing immediate response and problem resolution to critical system incident tickets. The candidate will have significant direct contact with the immediate customer and the organization’s CDS staff.
While this is not a shift position, it is important to note that this position is part of a team that supports 24 X 7 X 365 continuous presence at one of three (3) designated FBI processing facilities. This particular position will be out of a facility in Clarksburg, West Virginia and will be a shared role between two contracts.
The second contract will modernize the Identity Management Unit’s technology stack, business process workflows; and create a biometric data processing environment for the IMU’s data projects and the associated data reporting and mining activities.
In order to modernize the data processing environment and ensure its stability for future operations,
the contract requires the contractors to collectively have experience in:
- Scaled agile framework (SAFe) software development practices
- Modern web application frameworks
- Extracting requirements from legacy applications and databases and designing new
- applications and systems to fulfill similar requirements
- Bridging the technology gap inherent in stove piped environments adding new features that enhance data management practices and provide new, useful capabilities
- Hosting systems these in modern, cloud-based infrastructures
The successful candidate will provide support, as a part-time Senior System Administrator for the Data, Analysis, Processing and Storage (DAPS) contract as part of a team of eight. The candidate will be expected to produce automated deployment and provisioning of DAPS services using infrastructure as code templates; maintain deployed infrastructure and services; collaborate with senior staff and security personnel to maintain STP security posture; collaborate with senior staff to develop and implement system contingency plans; and assist Government with data migration into the DAPS environment.
- Remotely manage systems in a VMWare environment
- Install COTS/GOTS and custom software, firmware updates, operating system patches of CDS guards, and antivirus software updates
- Monitor the systems for possible system problems
- Resolve system problems by analyzing the problem for resolution paths, implementing solutions, and/or working with vendors to resolve issues
- Respond and resolve incident tickets within required response times
- Run scripts to gather production system metrics and statistics
- Set-up/maintain user accounts
- Support system security vulnerability scan activities
- Participate in program standup meetings to discuss system status, technical issues, or coordinate production system changes.
- Produce automated deployment and provisioning of program services using infrastructure as code templates
- Maintain deployed infrastructure and services within the program
- Collaborate with senior staff and security personnel to maintain program security posture
- Collaborate with senior staff to develop and implement system contingency plans
- Assist Government with data migration into the program
- Experience administering Linux and Windows systems
- Experience configuring networks and performing setup of network accessible services
- Experience with cloud technologies – preferably AWS – including provisioning of compute, networking, storage, logging, container, and server-less services
- Experience with deploying infrastructure as code
- Experience deploying and maintaining relevant technologies including relational databases, NoSQL databases, message brokers, continuous integration servers, and containers
- Active Top Secret with ability to obtain SCI through CI polygraph
- Strong Linux system administration of CENTOS and RHEL servers demonstrated in a large complex enterprise environment
- Experience supporting data center activities; integrating with infrastructure services, bare metal builds, racking and stacking equipment
- Experience in system integration, test, and debug of COTS/GOTS systems.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to integrate new capabilities
- Experience with Virtual Environment administration; Installation, configuration, and managements of: Type 1 hypervisors (ESXi, KVM, others), Virtual Machine configurations, and VM Management environment (e.g. Vcenter/Vsphere and associated networking and storage)
- Proficiency in installing, hardening, patching, backup and restore of Linux systems
- Basic development of scripts for system health checks, monitoring, deployments, etc.
- The ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and interface with systems. An interest in working on a broad range of problems and technology and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work independently and at times as only Leidos representative working directly with customer IT team
- Follow change management process including creating required change management documentation
- Demonstrates maturity, good judgement, and excellent technical written/verbal communications
- A team player with organization skills, can follow written instructions or technical guides, and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Required to have 7 years directly related experience OR a BS and 5 years of experience OR an MS and 4 years of experience.
- Experience with or familiarity with Apache Nifi (Niagrafiles)
- Scripting and programming in languages such as: Bash, Perl, Python
- Experience in testing complex IT systems.
- Experience in system integration, test, debug of COTS/GOTS systems. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to integrate new capabilities.
- Ability to provide and support data center activities including
- Understanding of and/or experience in network administration, installation of networking appliances, cabling and cable termination in a enterprise/datacenter IT environment
- Networking, particularly system integration of physical/virtual servers with routers and firewalls in current data center environments
- Integration of one or more cross domain products (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions)
- Ability to perform bare metal server builds, backup/restore
- Experience with system scanning/hardening (STIGS)
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: LDAP, Active Directory, log archive
- Various security products, security architecture, security assessment tools, and information assurance standards
- Use of standard project management techniques to include AGILE and standard project management methodologies
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.