Leidos has an opening for a Software Engineer to support a fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding program within the Northern Virginia area. The position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance. The Software Engineer will work on a small and growing team supporting a data-intensive organization through the development of apps, scripts, tools, and packages designed to automate ETL, business practices, and intelligence products in an operations environment. The Software Engineer will be required to work with mission analysts to determine their business processes and recommend automation improvements using REST API calls, ETL, or other scripting. The Software Engineer will also maintain and update existing boutique scripts and applications used to support the operational mission with data query and data ingest.
The Software Engineer will be highly customer-focused and must be comfortable developing innovated solutions in an often resource-constrained classified development environment. The ideal candidate will be skilled, flexible, and passionate about developing technical solutions which will directly impact US national security. We are looking for the ability to rapidly prototype and test solutions with production-level quality. Collaboration and team-building skills are also critical for success.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 12 to 15 years of software development or data science experience
- TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- Experienced Python developer with direct experience developing Flask or command line utility apps and Python packages
- Experience working within an AGILE production environment and the use of git and JIRA for collaboration
- Comfortable working with Windows and/or UNIX command line. Must have ability to automate basic operating system processes using Powershell or DOS scripting
- Experienced with heavy use of Excel or CSV inputs/outputs with Python and data cleaning methods
- Experience interacting with SQL databases using SQLAlchemy or another Object Relational Mapper. Strong SQL skills for querying data
- Experience working with JSON and XML data structures for app development and ETL
- Experience submitting calls to a variety of REST APIs, often in the same app
- Strong unit testing and debugging skills
- Ability to develop interactive front end applications using React or Angular
- Experience using GreaseMonkey or other browser plugin for DOM manipulation
- Experience using Perl
- Experience with the Anaconda environment and the SciPy stack and data science techniques
- Experience with Machine Learning and statistics using SciKit-Learn and/or Tensorflow
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.