The Civil Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Stowage Integrator to work in our Webster, TX location. This position supports NASA in the Cargo Mission Contract’s Cargo Processing team by performing analytical assessments and physical processing of space flight hardware before shipment to various launch sites. The tasks of the stowage integrator ensure that final packed configurations meet requirements within scope and time constraints, with the ultimate goal of successful delivery to the vehicle integrators.
- Manage the overall manifest for a given Visiting Vehicle mission to the International Space Station and coordinate best solutions for optimizing hardware with the NASA Cargo Mission Manager to meet the mission’s science and vehicle system objectives
- Communicate with internal team and NASA customer in regards to stowage products on assigned mission
- Plan an accurate stowage configuration based on bag level containment for specific vehicle types
- Organize and accommodate all manifested hardware into stowage layouts, using custom software iPac, according to requirements and constraints
- Review electronic Launch, Return and On-orbit Data Set (eLRODS) for hardware requirements, and implement requirements in layouts
- Distribute layouts to stakeholders as required
- Identify stowage issues with hardware items, make recommendations for resolution, and coordinate with cargo team, hardware providers and requirement owners to implement resolution. Ensure issues are resolved in order to meet schedule constraints.
- Manage the stowage integration tasks within the integrated hardware delivery schedule to ensure on-time, accurate product deliveries to NASA and vehicle integrators
- Attend meetings with internal and external teams, including daily cargo tag up, NASA weekly tag up, stowage integration tag ups, hardware audit and packing readiness review
- Perform fitcheck using flight hardware and stowage containment (such as Cargo Transfer Bags, lockers, ziplocs, Teflon bags, etc). Update layouts according to fitcheck outcome.
- Perform other physical processing tasks including hardware inspection, packaging, labeling, and measuring actual weights and dimensions
- Verify that final packed configuration meets hardware requirements and constraints, as documented in eLRODS and stowage layouts
- Capture measured bag level mass properties and deliver in report format to the vehicle integrator
- Update Work Instructions as needed with new processes
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Organized, proactive, and communicate clearly
- Familiarity with handling flight hardware
- Drafting and/or 3D visualization skills
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, this check could take 12-18 months to complete.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.