The Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Operation is hiring a Systems Engineer to support the National Air and Space Intelligence Center at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. An active TS/SCI is required; all work is onsite.
- Engineer Technical Solutions for NASIC Mission needs based on industry best practice and DoD/IC guidance.
- Provide state-of-the-art techniques for designing, developing, modifying, and troubleshooting highly complex computer systems.
- Engineer solutions for multiple networks.
- Participate in technical reviews, teams, and discussions as needed to include: Engineering Review Teams (ERT), project and other technical implementation teams, and the Architecture Engineering Review Panel (AERP).
- Plan, configure, test, and document Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, and CentOS workstation/server migrations. Document configurations and security approvals. Assist system administrators with integration and implementation.
- Perform installation, configuration, troubleshooting, technical assistance and/or training in response to system administrator requirements for the NASIC IT environment.
- Assist with engineering solutions to operate as virtual systems under VMware and Amazon’s Top Secret Commercial Cloud Service (C2S) and Secret C2S (SC2S).
- Develop, or evaluate, and test automation of IT-related tasks for all system designs. Test automation in approved test environment. Assist system administrators with integration and implementation of automation.
- Assist with designing solutions for container technology, container monitoring, and micro services.
- Develop, support, and troubleshoot scripts for automation of IT-related tasks for all system designs. Test automation in approved test environment. Assist system administrators with integration and implementation of automation.
- Support and troubleshoot scripts written in Microsoft Powershell, Python, bash, and/or perl. Use automation tools like vRealize Automation, Ansible, puppet, and/or chef. Use software defined techniques and integration with RESTful API’s. Utilize the CI/CD pipeline and Platform processes and tools to test and approve all scripts including using the approved coding repository (e.g. GitHub, Jenkins, Subversion).
- Analyze security and regulatory compliance and make recommendations to ensure compliance and minimize security risks and insider threats.
- Provide input to risk assessment activities and related documentation.
- Develop, test, and implement scripts.
- Work with system engineers and administrators to jointly resolve system availability, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Provide support to system engineers and system developers regarding correction of functionality, availability, and security problems identified during testing.
- Assist to develop/maintain/coordinate/update system engineering processes and procedures related to configuration management and architecture standards and changes.
- Support systems integration between current and new services, operating systems, servers and applications as required.
- Provide engineering technical support and documentation for upgrades, integration, installation, implementation, and deployment for current and future Microsoft products.
- Support systems engineering branch for cybersecurity integration including role-based access control, DISA Security Implementation Guidance (STIG) implementation, OS deployment configuration, and preparing and presenting presentations, papers, and documentation, as required.
- Support daily activities of the Systems Engineering Branch to include internal/external document reviews, solution development for communication system requirements documents (CSRD), incident requests, and service requests.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- IA Workforce System Architect and Engineer (IASAE) Level II (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner) certification
- Possess one or more of the following certifications:
- VMware Certified Technical Associate or VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator or similar Linux certification
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer – Core Infrastructure
- Amazon Web Services certified Cloud Practitioner or Amazon Web Services SysOps Administrator
- Experience with scripting languages to include Microsoft Powershell, Python, bash, and/or perl.
- Experience with automation tools like vRealize Automation, Ansible, puppet, and/or chef.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.