The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operations has an opening for a Sr. Java Spring Boot API Developer to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
Participate as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, development, testing, integration, documentation and presentation phases. Our Senior Java Developer will also apply principles, methods, and knowledge of specific functional areas of expertise to specific Work Order requirements, and make recommendations and advise on organization-wide system improvements, optimization, or maintenance efforts.
The candidate may work closely with the team leader/chief engineer on activities such as technical proposal support, defect management, software development/modification/enhancement, system integration, and maintenance/process improvement activities.
In this position, the candidate will also support risk/opportunity management, causal analysis, and lessons learned activities. This role is not a telework position.
- Server-side component design skills: Object-Oriented Design with Java EE 6 and up, Spring/SpringBoot, Jax-WS and JAX-RS Webservice development, Apache OpenJPA or similar, EJB 3.0, common frameworks such as Maven, JUnit, Log4J, Mockito.
- RESTful API, SOAP APIs development.
- API Management tools like WebMethod or Google APIGEE.
- Knowledge of OpenAPI Specifications
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, DB2, Oracle), SQL, and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate, Spring JDBC)
- Solid experience with automated unit testing, TDD, BDD, and associated technologies (Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Selenium, Karma/Jasmine, TSLint)
- Usability and Section 508 principles,
- SQL development for IBM DB2,
- WebSphere deployment.
- Git, BitBucket, Jenkins automation
- Must demonstrate the experience and ability to work without technical oversight and to lead and/or supervise a team of specialists.
- Must possess superior oral and written communication skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues and ideas to team members, management and customers
Requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Agile development principles and methodology
- Test Driven Development
- Behavior Driven Development
- Knowledge of SSA system architecture
BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance prior to starting.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.