The National Solutions Intelligence Group at Leidos is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to work at a Government site in Springfield, VA.
The Systems Administrator will maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Will provide oversight and work alongside an existing team of System Administrators performing operations and maintenance efforts as well as recapitalization efforts. This position will lead infrastructure implementation efforts and understand all the different aspects of the system.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
Primary duties include providing hands-on technical execution while providing technical guidance and oversight to other team members. Maintain technical and architectural baselines. Drive team to achieve schedule milestones.
Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. The Senior Systems Administrator may interact with users and evaluate vendor products; makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software; coordinate installation; and/or provide backup recovery. Responsibilities may also include developing and monitoring policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- To be considered, you must have a current and active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 14-19 years of professional experience (four additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a BS degree); or 10+ years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Ability to work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results and/or project deliverables.
- Demonstrate strong experience with VMWare (ESXi, Vcenter).
- Experience building ESXi servers and associated virtual machines (Windows 2016-2019).
- Demonstrate strong experience with Windows 10 desktop, experience building Windows 10 desktop images, experience with Ghost
- Experience installing and configuring Oracle, preferably version 19c on a bare metal environment
- Experience leading teams and implementation efforts
- IAT and/or IAM level certifications preferred but not required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.