Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Information Security Engineer, to assist with the release of a state-of-the-art technology stack supporting a developing National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC) program. We are looking to you to be our next Information Security Engineer, providing technical security engineering support in our Reston, VA or Bethesda, MD office. As one of our Security team members, you will work closely with the Lead Security Systems Engineer, ISSOs, ISSMs, Systems Engineers, Software and Data Engineers, Architects, and Operations Engineering/Manager as well as Government counterparts to perform the full spectrum of systems and cyber security engineering tasks to ensure our systems meet a variety of regulatory compliance frameworks. This exciting and challenging work will help you expand your capabilities in security and will provide you with the skills and experience you need to achieve additional levels of the DoD 8570 IASAE Certifications. If you enjoy variety and challenge in the workday, you will thrive in this environment where security solutions must support highly secure, scalable, and interoperable platform designs.
In this role, you will collaborate closely with system engineers and architects on the following key tasks:
- Perform review and analysis of cybersecurity event logs
- Review technical cybersecurity assessments
- Coordinate with security personnel and recommend mitigation strategies
- Identify points of vulnerability and non-compliance with established cybersecurity standards and regulations
- Collaborate with our DevOpsSec team to help with analyzing scan results and remediation of findings
- Manage and maintain a library of security audit tools, and corresponding processes that can be used for system security testing, internal audits, incident response, and diagnosis of security-related system issues
- Perform and maintain vulnerability scans using Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and create reports
• Track and report Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) compliance using Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Maintain Authorization to Operate (ATO) records in XACTA system
- Manage and report Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) compliance
This is you:
- BS degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- An active TS clearance with ability to obtain SCI with Poly
- Security+ certification
- 1 year of experience developing and reviewing security concept of operations, systems security plans, security risk assessments, contingency plans, configuration management plans
- Experience configuring, running, and analyzing vulnerability scans
- Experience with XACTA, EMass, or similar tool
- Experience with NIST Special Publications e.g. NIST SP 800-27, 30, 37, 53, 60
- Experience with CNSS publication CNSSI 1253
- Experience with incident response plans, plan of actions and milestones, risk management plans, and vulnerability management plans
- Strong analytical, communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Software development/coding experience with programming languages such as Python, Java, and React
- Experience with DevOpsSec pipelines and tools
- Experience with database systems, search engines, web applications
- Experience in a Linux Red Hat and Centos environment
- Experience with big data applications
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience working in an Agile environment
More about the program: The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. D3P will advance the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.