Leidos is seeking a Business Development Professional to lead the business development and capture activities within our Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) portfolio. This position location is in the Baltimore, MD area with local and extended travel expected up to 10% of the time. The position is focused on identifying, qualifying, and capturing opportunities within CMS programs, continuing to build the Leidos reputation and business pipeline, executing the BD process, maintaining a high win probability, and growing business within the CMS domain.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities. Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budgets, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Work with program and management team in call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution.
- Serve as Capture Manager for selected opportunities, either all the way to award or in the early capture phase.
- Participate as required in the Leidos business development process, including pipeline reviews, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, and proposal reviews.
- Collaborate with Leidos Account Managers, IDIQ PMs, other BD personnel and capture and line management to support cross enterprise objectives and customer engagement.
- Support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline.
- Interact routinely with various levels of management, functional leads, other staff, and customers.
- Brief business development status to senior management when material changes occur and as required by the Leidos business development process.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience.
- Proven track record of successful business development at a variety of acquisition sizes.
- Demonstrated access to and relationships with key CMS CMMI and CCSQ customers and industry partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant BD activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans.
- Prior experience supporting business development and capture efforts for CMS agencies.
- Strong, respected relationships within the CMS community
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos.
- Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without direct supervision.
- The ability to operate at the senior level and influence, negotiate and close.
- Candidates must be US Citizens and be eligible to obtain a security clearance.
- A technical degree is highly desired
- Proximity to CMS Baltimore location desired, but not required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® innovation company rapidly addressing the world’s most vexing challenges in national security and health. The company's global workforce of 47,000 collaborates to create smarter technology solutions for customers in heavily regulated industries. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $15.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2023. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.