The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Deputy Program Manager (PM) to work in Ashburn, Virginia. The DPM will lead a talented team in providing Enterprise Cloud and IT Services to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Customs and Border Protection (CBP) with services that include: cloud enterprise infrastructure, cloud enterprise platform, cloud enterprise service, provisioning of Cloud Service Provider (CSP) resources, cloud enterprise security, provisioning of connectivity between multiple CSPs and the CBP network, provisioning of Cloud Access Point – secure connectivity between CBP and any CSPs, and compliance with government security policies. Additionally, the DPM will be responsible for supporting the PM in providing near real-time cloud enterprise situational awareness, cloud tagging, billing and chargeback, cloud environment maintenance, and reporting.
Leidos is looking for a DPM that will support the PM with planning, coordinating, and managing the actions taken by the organization to initiate and execute a Government contract. When the PM is not available, the DPM will serve as the Leidos single point-of-contact with the program office for management and technical matters and contract-level issues. The DPM must support the effective negotiation of differences that may exist between Leidos, our partners, our venders, and the customer in order to bring together a cohesive/efficiently running Cloud/IT/Hardware organization. The position will support the management of cost, schedule, quality and risk to ensure contract requirements are met; provide financial reports, collect and analyze project metrics; prepare and participate in informal and formal reviews. We are looking for a team-oriented leader focused on delivering and supporting the strategic goals of CBP. The DPM must support and provide the leadership and have the interpersonal communication skills necessary to inspire, lead, direct and manage a large Cloud/IT/Hardware program. The DPM will interface with senior CBP leaders and directors to help maintain and sustain critical infrastructure. Additionally, when the PM is not available, shall be a single point of contact for the Contracting Officer and the COR.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with CBP personnel
- Responsible for all financial, technical, administrative, contractual, and personnel aspects of the contract and component task orders
- Expertly manage cross-functional teams responsible for delivering high-quality program capabilities on time and within budget, including Subcontractors and Vendors
- Serve as the main point of contact for the client Leadership, Contracting Officer, and the COR
- Leads cross project planning for Contractor resources, scheduling, milestones and deliverables
- Coordinates resolution of scope and schedule disputes with Government and Contractor Service Delivery Teams
- Identifies, assesses and resolves complex business problems/issue/risks and facilitates issue resolution and risk mitigation
- Ensure that all work on this contract complies with the contract terms and conditions and is approved/coordinated with senior corporate managers
- Ensures Contractor Back office support to properly process invoicing and Personnel Security Clearance requirements
- Plans for the program life cycle deployment
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related Engineering field
- 7 years Project Management experience on large scare cloud and IT services contracts with a total contract value of at least $50M.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- ITIL Expert or passed the Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) exam
- Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK) or Certified Cloud security Professional (CCSP)2
- Demonstrate integrity, respect, and a commitment to excellence, collaboration, agility, and diversity
- Experience organizing, directing, and managing contract operation support functions involving multiple, complex, and interrelated project tasks
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization
- Experience meeting with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items, and effectively execute in accordance with approved plans
- Ability to collaborate with technical staff and customers in forming strategies to improve performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness
- Experience mentoring staff in order to maintain high levels of performance and positive morale
- Experience managing tools, purchases, and a demonstrated understanding of purchasing systems
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Experience developing a strategic vision for a complex organization, balancing modernization needs with critical daily operations and maintenance requirements.
- Experience managing programs or projects in a CBP or DHS environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.